MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

swine flu

bluebird

What are the symptoms of swine flu? I can't seem to find the information I am looking for. All I seem to come across is the stats for the different states. Dh works with a guy that just got back from mexico last week. The guy and his wife went to some resort for a vacation. Dh tells me today that they have been feeling bad since they got back. Dh told me they have diarrhea, headaches etc...

So is there a chance this guy has it and if so, what are the chances of Dh getting it and spreading it to me and so on. Is there anything I can do, to prevent getting it. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

They really should go to their doc and get throat swabs. The doc can tell within 15 min whether they have flu type A or not. If it is positive, he will need to send it in for further testing.

Tell DH to wash his hands frequently. Have him shower and change as soon as he gets home. Everybody take lots of vit C.

What are the symptoms of swine flu? I can't seem to find the information I am looking for. All I seem to come across is the stats for the different states. Dh works with a guy that just got back from mexico last week. The guy and his wife went to some resort for a vacation. Dh tells me today that they have been feeling bad since they got back. Dh told me they have diarrhea, headaches etc...

So is there a chance this guy has it and if so, what are the chances of Dh getting it and spreading it to me and so on. Is there anything I can do, to prevent getting it. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

The sick people should NOT be going to work, especially when they just got back from Mexico. If your DH has the authority, he should tell the guy to stay home until cleared by a doctor. If he does not have the authority, your DH should go to whoever does and insist that the rest of the workforce be protected.

I thin k he can bring it home to you, even if he does not get sick himself. That's how some of the kids in NY got sick. It was carrried back by class mates.

Thank you! :)

Dh just called and said the guy is going to the doc tomorrow, so we will know soon. I have an appt this week with my doc for a check up. Do you think I should wear one of those masks when I go, just in case someone else is sick with the flu?

So true!! Yeah, it freaked me out. You would think this guy would have stayed home, but I guess some people don't give a darn. You would think if the guy has had these symptoms for a week, he would have gone to the doc by now. I told Dh to stay as far away from him as possible.

I wasn't worried about the flu, till Dh told me over the weekend that this guy had been to Mexico. So this a.m. I went to the store and bought masks, sanitizer, gloves and a few other things. I guess there are a lot of other people that are worried about this too, because I went to 3 stores and the supplies were gone. Luckily the last store I went to had everything I needed.

Our schools were sent out a directive today to let our site secretaries know of any absences and what the reasons are...and yes, in my class a mom called her son in sick with a fever and flu symptoms (scary call). Our director has us spraying door handles, etc. and she is going in the bathrooms and spraying (that's a huge red flag if you knew my director).

Archived