MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Momo's Big Adventure

Well DH did it again. He told a friend of ours that I would love to go to Birmingham (2 hours away) to get a haircut at a fancy smancy salon with her. Well, when DH is so nice and someone else is depending on you what can you do? I ended up driving to B'ham today. Although it wasn't my idea and I had just gotten a cut 2 months ago I went so as not to disappoint my friend. I just told the guy to do what he thought would look good. He cut my hair short. The shortest it's been since elementary school. But...it does look good. Actually makes me look younger. He cut in those little spiky wisps that kind of flip out. When DH and I went to our regular cafe for dinner tonight all the waitresses came over and loved it. One of the advantages of living in a small town!! The notice if you change your nail color around here! If my scanner was working I would put my head against it and show ya'll. LOL

Still remember the first time I had my hair cut short.

DH said "It makes you look 10 years younger........boy are you gray." LOL

So glad you are happy with it.

------------------

lois.jpg

Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when

our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

This could lead to a whole series of hair stories! I remember one time I was getting a perm, the beautician and I were chatting away. We chatted so much, she forgot to put the neutralizer on!!!!!!!!!!! I went through all that just to come home with the same STRAIGHT HAIR I went with! And then there was the time I distinctly (I thought!) told her DON'T cut it short - and she thought I said CUT IT SHORT! My, was it short!!!!

Next?

Mmmm...no stories, just wanted to congratulate Momo on her new haircut! smile.gif

silly.gif This is me! wink.gif

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

Momo - Have some pics taken of yourself with the new 'DO'. It's easier to carry the pics to your regular hairdresser than try to explain.

You look great. grin.gif

------------------

homest.jpg

Momo, sounds like you are happy with the hair cut. I am happy that you are happy with it. smile.gif

Oh, please get a picture taken and then sometime, someway get it scanned and on line so we can all see it.

The last time I had long hair, was many years ago. I had Old Pine help me wash it and after he did, he agreed to letting me get it cut. wink.gif

Therefore, I have short hair, so much easier to take care of.

Love ya all,

------------------

snowmom.jpg

I think you look Beeeeeeee---ut--ifull Momo!!!! grin.gif

Love the flippy ends...just like Meg Ryan!

Homey had a great idea.....and it will save you that 2 hour drive....get it done at your local barbershop.

Mary....it took me 5 hours to get a perm once...cuz my hair is wicked thick....came out looking like a squirrel!

Snow.....smart thinkin....

Brigie....why can i picture that?

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg

[This message has been edited by debbielee (edited January 03, 2003).]

Now I know it is very short. DS noticed it within 2 seconds of looking at me today. (Once when I frosted my very dark brown hair it took him 3 days to notice) Even Princess noticed in about 5 seconds!! I told DH I feel like a female basketball player with such short hair!! In this cool weather I am feeling a new sensation...cold air on my neck. I think I like it though. Maybe it will "grow" on me.

Cool adventure Momo! I LOVE short hair, but mine is about shoulder length. I think I will bite the bullet and cut it short this summer! I have curly hair sooooo the shorter it gets the curlier it gets! LOL But it is so much easier to take care of since brushing and combing almost do no good! I call it my natural look! smile.gif

------------------

suzzee3.jpg

I have really thick hair. I love it short but have a hard time actually getting them to cut it short enough. I keep telling them I want it short but still feminine and it keeps coming out shoulder length. The other thing I noticed is that no matter what I ask for, or how many pictures I take in the stylist always ends up after about 3 appointments cutting it the same way she wears her own hair.

Soooooo.........now I have a stylist with the haircut I always wanted and I'm finally happy with my hair!!

Momo, you have beautiful, shiny hair. I'll bet it looks just great in your new do! smile.gif

(I was lucky enough to meet Momo when she drove throu my town a couple of years ago!)

------------------

gl.jpg

[This message has been edited by Goose Liver (edited January 05, 2003).]

You are sooo sweet Goosie. Not only have I had a radical cut since you saw me, I've lost about 60 pounds! I saw the picture of you in your new cut too. It looks great!

Thanks for all the other kind words from everyone else. Yes, I look just like Meg Ryan with the flippy ends. (NOT)

Well excuse me, I must go mousse and flip!!!