MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Did you hear me scream this morning?

Mimi54

Yep,that horrible noise was me...screaming because I realized I forgot the step of removing air bubbles in all the pretty jars (15 pts. and 6 half pts) of pepper onion relish that I HWB yesturday. Never have I done such a thing.Canning along with every other thing has become such a challenge to me due to health problems.So now I truly feel sick to my stomach and so heavy hearted.Tell me what is safe to do at this point?

I just cannot believe this.I grew up canning...though I still have the fear of pressure canning,,and thought I'd try to get over that this summer by trying pressure canning...but now with this? I just think I cannot deal with it,espiecally with the brainblimps happening that will jeapordize what I do manage to preserve/can .Life is a challenge for me these past few months,and haven't posted so forgive me for just popping up and posting again.I have lurked all the time though.Anyway...suggestions on how to salvage? or do I toss it all away? Thanks in advance. Mimi :huh:

((Mimi))

I'm far from an expert, so my opinion may not be accurate but, I can only tell you what I would do... I would NOT toss it.

Perhaps it can be refrigerated, or re-processed or maybe it's even okay like it is this time. I don't know, others will know better than me...but, I would NOT toss it.

:hug3:

Since it is a high acid thing that was done in the BWB canner, and a relish that normally doesn't have a lot of air bubbles, unlike something such as peaches in a syrup, I would just relax and not worry about them. Not unless you see a lot of bubbles in the jars. If you felt better by reprocessing them today, that would be fine, of course.

We all go through difficult times like this. I am sorry life has been stressful for you.

Take care of yourself.

Sending hugs your way,

Violet

Gee,

I am so sorry for your problem with the canning

and illness.

I don't can because of my health problems

I don't know how you all with health problems do it.

I am glad Violet said it was okay as you worked so hard on it.

hugs to you sheila

Archived