MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Town hall meeting

CoM

I went to a town hall meeting yesterday about the health care bill. Only 300 of us were allowed in the room but there were over 1,000 people outside!

We only had one voice opposing the speakers. He booed a few times and held a sign up.

No new information was learned but I did come away encouraged.

The senator said that phone calls, emails and faxes especially ON THE DAY of the vote DO make a difference.

He mentioned 2 cases where the phone systems crashed and it DID affect the votes.

So if you were like me thinking that they don't really help, let's do ALL we can to phone, fax & email when this bill comes back up for vote !!

The health care reform bill alreasdy passed in Congress. It now goes to the Senate.

Yesterday, Arlen Specter used the lame defense in his town hall meeting that "This isn't law - it is only the congressional version".

I predict the Senate will put thier own lipstick on this pig, quickly pass it, then and tell the constituents not to worry, after all, they didn't vote for the version that was so upsetting to the folks back home.

Of course, if we make it VERY CLEAR to our senators that we will VOTE THEM OUT if they pass any version of this bill, they might just consider representing the poeple again, rather than thier own self-interests.

We had a NICE lil' story on tonight's local news about the sweet little "Town Hall Meeting" held in "our" town. *IT* was civil and calm and the "people" spoke warmly of the GREAT NEED about to be filled by the wonderful Health Care bill. They had a nice lil' discussion with "white boards" with PROs and CONs written on it so they could tell our illustrious and very busy senator what was said so that he could tell what THE PEOPLE think.

It was (VERY QUIETLY) organized by the Democratic-based city council and by a "representative of our Democratic senator"...

Hmmmm, ya think it was, maybe, a SET UP???????? :angry::motz_6::baseballbat: :frying pan: :soapbox::tapfoot:

So we not only have a sham "Town Meeting", we have a cowardly, too-busy-vacationing-to-bother-holding-meetings senator. :busted:

CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVES!!!!

I believe I must have been thinking of Cap and Trade already passing in Congress. We have so many hugely expensive and unpopular programs being jammed down our throats and rushed to vote it is hard to keep score.

My prediction is not altered, however.

Archived