MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Turkey tails

I would assume like any other part of the turkey. When I bake a whole turkey, the tail is still there and I just leave it on. They are delicious. I would also think they would be good for turkey dressing or turkey and homemade noodles. Maybe open faced sandwiches with turkey and gravy. Nothing special to be done.

McNuggets? Well, I ended up throwing them in my crockpots for about 5 hrs because I had to leave the house for a while. Picked as much of the meat off as I could, set aside the juices for some gravy and gave the incredible amount of fat that was on those things to the dog (she was very happy). I don't know that I would actually pay money for those...not much meat on them.

What in the world are we talking about? "Turkey Tails"? I looked them up on line and it indicated that they were a type of mushroom that fans out with bands of color like a turkey's tail. My husband told me once a long time ago that it was his grandma''s favorite part of the turkey. She called it "the pope's nose". Hope that doesn't offend anyone out there. She's been gone a lot of years now. Aren't The tails just largely a piece of fat? Katmom

Yeah, it did seem like they were mostly fat. I found a recipe that fried them like cracklin's. I'm just not sure why they sell them separately from the turkey....

Archived