MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Miles for January 24 - 30, 2010

Snowmom

GOODMORNINGBEAR-2.gif

Here are some things that count for miles.

These are as you can count them, 1 mile will = one mile.

2.gif5.gif7.gif9.gif14.gif

These will be counted as 1 hour = one mile

6.gifSHOPPINGCARTLITTLE.gifDANCING8.gif

:STAIRS: will be down and up 10 times = one mile

These two willl be 30 minutes = one mile

:lois:5.gif8.gif

You will have to be the judge of these. We have been counting 1 hour as a mile, but, sometimes it isn't so. Therefore, I'm letting you be the judge of these. :)

:dusting:dishes.gif4.gif

Here are my totals:

Walking 1 1/2

Riding bike 6

Stairs 2 1/2

Dishes 1

House Work 3/4

Laundry 2

Shopping 3

Other 2

Total.......... 18 3/4 miles. :)

Ok, who will be NEXT2.gif ???

Who is going to join us? :) Anyone who wants to start exercising or walking or whatever, count your miles and add them up this week and post them next week when either Momo or I make the walking post. :)

Everyone is welcome. :) Just try to keep track of your miles and add them up and put them in. :)

SNOWMANHUGSINPURPLE.jpgHAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

Okay, I really do want to join in, but I'm having trouble figuring out how. I "work out" on a Wii Fit Plus. So I might exercise for 90 minutes and accrue 8 miles of biking, 2 miles of running, 15 minutes of misc aerobics and 30 minutes of strength training. On top of that, I've also been walking 2 or 3 times per week. I can enter my walks in the Wii and it adds to my time and tells me my calories. I'm not counting regular household activities, as those are my baseline and I'm trying to increase from my baseline. Do I really have to keep records separate of Wii to participate? Do any of you have ideas on how I can simplify this so I can participate with you?

I want to be part of this group for accountability and to celebrate with others.

Thanks (again),

HSmom

HSMom..AT the top there are some sticky posts that have some mile equivalents. Maybe they will help you calculate. If some of your activities aren't mentioned you'll just have guesstimate it.

Happy miles to you!

Okay, I really do want to join in, but I'm having trouble figuring out how. I "work out" on a Wii Fit Plus. So I might exercise for 90 minutes and accrue 8 miles of biking, 2 miles of running, 15 minutes of misc aerobics and 30 minutes of strength training. On top of that, I've also been walking 2 or 3 times per week. I can enter my walks in the Wii and it adds to my time and tells me my calories. I'm not counting regular household activities, as those are my baseline and I'm trying to increase from my baseline. Do I really have to keep records separate of Wii to participate? Do any of you have ideas on how I can simplify this so I can participate with you?

I want to be part of this group for accountability and to celebrate with others.

Thanks (again),

HSmom

Just put down what you feel you have done. We aren't really that fussy. :) Like the housework, sometimes we do more one time than another, but, that is ok. I figure 1 miles for an hour of shopping. Exercise of any kind other than bike and walk, you can count 1 mile per mile, unless it is hard exercise, than go 30 minutes is a mile. We just put down what we feel is right. :) You do a lot of different exercises. Looks like you have at least 15 miles that you posted. Maybe more even. You are so good. :)

Archived