MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

PUNXATAWNEY'S Prediction

Dee

Good morning everyone!

Well folks, old Punxatawney saw his shadow so hang on for another 6 weeks of winter!!!

I didn't get MIL's papers ready for the tax man yesterday so I must get it done today. Not a hard job, just time consuming and hard to get myself going on it. Like so many things, once started it isn't bad.

This afternoon I hope to be finished with my paperwork so I can go to the library for coffee and a chat. One of our libraby group lost her mother yesterday so we need to decide on flowers, memorial or something. She was 88 and had lived a nice life but we all loved her and will miss her.

So, what's up with all of you this 2nd day of February? Have a good one, whatever it is!

Good morning Dee and everyone. We had about a half inch of new snow in the night. Just enough to clean up the world around us and make it look bright again and to remind us that we have 6 more weeks of winter even if Phil HADN'T seen his shadow. B)

This afternoon I have to teach weaving to about 14 homeschoolers from ages 3 to 10 or 11. They are a great group of kids and it should be fun.

Have a great day everyone!

:bighug2:

Anyone looked at the calendar? It is 6 weeks till Spring! ;)

:24::24::24:

That's what I said, too. But I laughed when all the people that had gathered started booing because he saw his shadow. (I don't remember the last time he didn't see his shadow). But the best part was the station we had on didn't cut back to the news desk and so you heard all of the announcements about forming a line to see Phil, photo ops with Phil and the buses.

Predict the weather:

Go to the back door and look for the dog.

If the dog is at the door and he is wet, it’s probably raining.

But if the dog is standing there really soaking wet, it’s probably raining hard.

If the dog’s fur looks like it’s been rubbed the wrong way, it’s probably windy.

If the dog has snow on its back, it’s probably snowing.

Of course, to be able to predict the weather like this, you have to leave the dog outside all the time, especially if you expect bad weather.

Signed, sincerely, the cat

Well, if Peta has their way old Punxatawney, the most well taken care of, pampered animal around will be replace by a mechanical ground hog next year. Poor little guy (the real ground hog) will be banished to a life of no company other other ground hogs, no air conditioning in the summer, no heating in the winter, no gourmet meals served to him rather than him trying to find his own. I don't know about you but I think that would be animal cruelty. :)

Archived