MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

One Kind Word Can Warm Three Winter Months

Dee

Good morning everyone!

The topic title is a Japanese proverb I read this morning and thought it fitting for this cold winter. If we can warm everyone with a kind word today it'll be spring before we feel the cold again. Let's try it.

This is a busy day for DH and I. A friends mother passed away and her funeral is this morning. She was 88 and lived a good and full life but we hated losing her all the same. It will be a large funeral as she was well loved and will be missed by all.

This afternoon will be a trip to town (20 miles from here) to see DH's mother in the nursing home, run errands, get groceries, etc.

We're trying to get everything done today as tomorrow another 5" of snow is to hit the ground. Spring, spring, I'm thinking spring!!! B)

So, what are you all up to today? I do hope you'll try to say one kind word to at least one person to help them get through the rest of this winter and I will do the same.

Have a great day!

Good Morning Dee,

It is such a pleasure to see your encouraging notes here in the mornings again. I really missed them.

Today, I'll be balancing books and preparing reports - again. lol

I'm also trying to prepare for a friend who is moving back to our town and should be arriving sometime this weekend.

Then, maybe, hopefully, I'll find time to 'surf' a little this evening.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

We hit a thrift store and got DD five sweatshirts for $9.00, so I was happy about that. They were in good condition to!

We also had to do some grocery shopping and pick up some groceries for the week. Milk, eggs, stuff like that. Found roast on sale for $1.99/ lb. so i picked up 4 of those.

Then we had breakfast at our local cafe.

Now we are back home at 11 am in the morning. Productive morning so far!

I was so encouraged when SIL went to the bank on what he thought was payday and had over $150 in there. Turned out he was a week early. Scared him because he thought he hadn't gotten paid, but I was happy - He usually is tapped out.

Also he told me he's been having some of his check direct-deposited in his savings account.

Good boy, he's stepping away from that 'bachelor thinking' to 'husband and father thinking.' whew!

My kind words today were at a lunch with the ladies of my weaving circle. One of the women is recently widowed and I organised this lunch to get her mood lifted.

It was a pleasure to see her be her old self again and in company of the other women who she knows for 50 years already. They're all in their 70s and 80s so I drove to pick up two of them.

Another woman of our circle is recently out of hospital and will hear next week what the testresults are. Not looking good so today was special to her. She's not been out of the house with the current snow for anything else than the hospital.

It's a privilege to be able to do something for these women who have been through so much (WWII generation), kept a positive outlook on life and are so kindhearted in general.

Archived