MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Like a Tiger

Dee

Good morning everyone!

You know what? I am sooooooooo tired of these cold and dreary days but it's February and almost a week of this month is gone. Time flies and we'll be mowing lawns and complaing about the heat before you know it. ;) Well, maybe not that quick but it'll be here soon.

Anyone remember the singer from the 60's Fabian? He was absolutely gorgeous but couldn't sing worth a hoot, which didn't bother we girls at all. Well, that gorgeous teenager is 67 years old today.....see, I told you time flies!!! :D One of his songs was, "Like a Tiger".

I'm going to a community chorus concert with a friend this afternoon. These people really put on a show and it's always very good.

How about you? Anything going on in your lives today???

Have a great day everyone! :grouphug:

Good morning Dee and everyone who follows,

It's a very sunny day and it we hadn't received an inch or so of snow and the apple trees weren't whipping in the wind I would use the word gorgeous. But it is so pretty and BRIGHT! I must admit, too, that I am ready for warm weather. (The computer sits next to the window that has a view of the garden).

It's so funny you were talking about time flying. I will have graduated from HS 17 years ago this spring. My jaw dropped when I realized that because it doesn't seem like it. The kids I babysat for are now in college and a few will be graduating this year. :o

DH and I are going to dinner for my birthday. And after much tossing around ideas for a gift, I've finally narrowed it down to either a shelving unit of sorts for my laundry closet (my hope is that it will give me some extra storage space for preps) or a dehydrator (mine shattered last spring). Not sure which one is the better decision at this point.

Trying to find a new church home so I think I'm going to take the kids (not sure if DH will have to work ~ "hate" busy season). But it's a bible church and they have another church (broke off and formed for people so it was closer to their homes) that started with a coop for homeschooling and now offers classes (exciting, since DD will be starting preschool this month).

Dee have a wonderful time at the chorus concert!

Have a wonderful day!

Heading to the store for some peat moss and vermiculite today. I want to start the peppers, tomatoes, and pennyroyal. Usually we start seeds in January, but stuff happened.

Got the last of my W-2's in. If I can lay hands on my primary W-2, I can rough out the taxes and figure out whether to file pronto (meaning they owe me) or wait for April (meaning I owe them).

Hoping to hear from my son, the Marine, about a possible visit this month.

Might get to take a trip to Atlanta at the end of March--hoping to hear about that today or Monday.

I'm getting "rearranged" duties at the day job Monday. Not sure what-all that will entail, so I'll be working most of this weekend to finish up the box on hand.

The bathroom got cleaned for me without asking! Yay! Now DH is gathering a load of laundry, so I made helpful pre-sorted piles of things that tend to be skipped over.

DH helped a friend clean out her mother's house the other day, and brought home a pile of bedding they were going to throw away! So we have a new couch cover (though it might not last long) and new sheets for every bed, including one of those white flannel sheets DH likes to use as a blanket. Yes, this is going to take up a few loads of laundry. I'm so glad we have the front-loading washer that will take large delicate items like comforters and bedspreads.

Wore through the inseam on my favorite stretch corduroy pants this week, so I need to get on eBay to find another pair. I'm too teapot-shaped to find a good fit at Wally World.

Oh, and we need to take the dog for her shots today. Glad I remembered that!

Good Morning,

It is partly cloudy here with the sun brightly shinning, the birds are tweeting, singing, screeching, cooing, and basically making themselves known.

Sorry folks, the clouds we are getting is bringing another storm from the Pacific.

There are countless activities happening around our area. Gourd Festival at the Fairgrounds, Old West enactments, Farmer's Market Festival, etc.

I'm busy with my weekly house cleaning routine, :dusting::clothesline: with a :pc_coffee: break or two somewhere in there.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday.

Archived