MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thursday

Dee

Mornin'

Well it's light enough outside to see so it's time to get moving. I get up while it's still dark and sit at the computer doing things until I can move around the house w/o lights. Then it's time to get moving so........

It's -1 this morning but supposed to get up to 25, sunny and no wind so I think I'll do my walking outside again today. I hope there gets to be more and more of those outside days soon. Other than that I don't have any particular plans.

What's up with you today?

:grouphug:

Good Morning!

:bouquet:

Goodness -1 ?!!! Brrrrrrr....*shiver*

Makes me feel guilty to tell we got into the 80's yesterday. The forcast calls for a little cooler today.

I will be on the road, to visit my MIL in TX for a good part of the day. I'm hoping to beat rush hour when I get there this time.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

:grouphug:

Good afternoon!

It was 44 when I drove by the bank this morning and very bright and sunny! B) The kids had haircuts this morning and we continued to search for a dress for me for Saturday (mayor's ball - thank you DH for not checking before accepting the invitation :frying pan: ). The search for a dress will continue when MIL arrives to watch the kids in an hour or so - everything is out for prom and nothing for grown-ups. DD starts preschool on Monday, which she is very excited about. And I can share some news - my sister is pregnant with baby #2. She is due sometime in late September/early October, she thinks. We are so excited and praying for a healthy baby but have told her it needs to be a boy so DS isn't outnumbered. :lol:

Annarchy~ have a safe trip.

Have a wonderful day!

The sun has been shining for a good week now, which is unprecedented. There are 5 confused looking robins hopping in the snowy courtyard at work, which has been causing a surprising amount of talk. We are hoping they know better than the groundhog did. Tonight I'm getting together with my mom for our yearly trip to Reiman Publications to pick up some of their cookbook anthologies :) I haven't subscribed to any of their magazines since I turned veggie, but I used to get Quick Cooking, Taste of Home, and Cooking for Two. It doesn't seem worth subscribing to their new ones, but when their books are on sale it's worth picking them up and picking out the ones that'll work for me.

I got a $25 gift certification from one of my teams at work. Trying to decide what books I "need".

A cousin and I visited Reiman Publications there in Greendale a few years ago. We watched the ladies cook, looked all through the gift shop downstairs and I remember eating some kind of granola cereal for breakfast at a restaurant close by. My but that was the best cereal I've ever eaten. Fun place!

In Ames, IA we have Reiman Gardens. I don't know if it's on the university campus or just close by. So many flowers, a butterfly house, etc. Love going there every summer. It's about 60 miles from us.

Reiman Publications also puts out a magazine called Our Iowa. I love it!

A cousin and I visited Reiman Publications there in Greendale a few years ago. We watched the ladies cook, looked all through the gift shop downstairs and I remember eating some kind of granola cereal for breakfast at a restaurant close by. My but that was the best cereal I've ever eaten. Fun place!

In Ames, IA we have Reiman Gardens. I don't know if it's on the university campus or just close by. So many flowers, a butterfly house, etc. Love going there every summer. It's about 60 miles from us.

Reiman Publications also puts out a magazine called Our Iowa. I love it!

What a small world! It's interesting they do a state magazine, I've never seen it listed before. Wonder what else they are hiding <_<

Hi there--I get Taste of Home and Quick Cooking (or whatever it is called now) and have since about '98. Great magazines! Mom11 sent me one of their cookbooks"Dinner on a Dime" for Christmas. It has lots of easy and inexpensive recipes, some from the magazine and some not.

Today is may last day off for the week. Made 18 1/2 pints of Banana Nut Bread Jam as planned plus two loaves of Italian bread last night. Back to work tomorrow--It is like having two separate lives!

I think it got up to 75 degrees here today! Spring has sprung according to my lonely little tomato plant!

Archived