MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tootsie Roll Tuesday

Dee

Morning Glories :bouquet:

Did you know this is the day, 2/23, "the Tootsie Roll rolls into stores in America"? Yep, it's a fact, I read it on the net this morning. Anyone got an idea of the year it made its appearance? The year was written with the quote so I'll tell you tomorrow but give it a try and guess.

It's snowing as I write.... :tapfoot: which isn't a surprise but it is disgusting to see it again. Oh well, spring will come but with where we live our pasture will be a total lake for 1/4 mile so maybe I'd just as soon jump to summer. :)

I'm planning on being home most of the day doing whatever needs to be done around here. I'm picking my DGC from daycare about 3:30 so the excitement begins then. What's happening in your world today?

Have a good one! :grouphug:

It is snowing here in West Texas (5 inches so far). We aren't used to all of the snow and are not equipped for it. It is beautiful, although there is ice under it. The roads and sidewalks are icey. Last year, I went out in my gown tail to get the paper at 4: 00 in the morning, slipped and fell. I hit my head, got a nice pump knot on the back of my head, and had to crawl back into the garage before I could stand up. I thought I could lay here and freeze to death and nobody would know. Hubby had a fit. Now he goes out and get the paper when it is icey. Suits me. At least I don't get wet.

Wonderful day to work on Bible Study, enjoy coffee, and start reorganizing------------again. :24: That seems like it is something I do a lot. What is nice though, is to be able to walk out to my garage and grocery shop. I still need stuff though. I don't think I will ever be completely ready( food wise) though. There always seems to be something else I need or want to do. :shrug:

Did my first spinning practice session last night. I'm doing 10 minutes at a time per a suggestion I heard. Seems like enough time to practice but not so much that you get overly frustrated. Got bit by the baby bunny this morning. She were in a foul mood and growlin at me when I reached in the cage. Stupidly I didn't heed her warning and reached over her to fill the feed bowl anyway. Was just enough to break the skin. Will have to check up on her tonight and make sure she's all right.

Signed up for a free Intro to Backyard Chickens class for next month, and ordered the last of the books on my wishlist. Where There Is No Doctor, Soapmaker's Companion, Candlemaker's Companion, Home Cheese Making, and a 1 cent copy of Ortho's All About Herbs. Ended up spending $25 above my $25 gift certificate, but at least I got all the reference books I need now. And it was kinda the one last spending spree I wanted to fit in before my new budget took effect on the 1st. :whistling:

I worked on it yesterday and tightened things up to help save for all my upcoming bigger expenses (new roof, tuition, new health care deductible, topping off my emergency fund). I canceled some nice-to-haves like my netflix, gym membership, and spending allowances for eating out (in the cafeteria), clothing, and entertainment. It's bare bones now with one general allowance for household expenses and projects. Siiiiigh. It'll be good for me, and I'll still be able to get everything I need for this year (canners, grow lights and wood for the grow closet, etc), I'll just have to be patient and spread them out over the months.

Well, it's officially afternoon, I thought we might make it back in time to say good morning but we made 2 side trips on the way back from preschool (DD loved it! :cele::cele::cele: ). It's snowing, yet again, and as I was firming up our now tentative plans to go see SIL and DN tomorrow, I found out we have more snow coming in tonight. <_< I just keep reminding myself that it's helping the low water table.

Have a wonderful day!!!

When my eldest (now 23) started his first day of Kindergarten we went to a gas station & bought him a bottle of root beer to celebrate. Curious about the label, but, not able to read yet he asked me what was written on the bottle of Barq's. "Since 1898", I told him. He recoiled in revulsion, "GROSS! And I already DRANK some!". LOL!

Archived