MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Early Thursday

snapshotmiki

Good Morning All!!!

I got bit by something an hour ago and it woke me up and made me hyper so I took allergy pills and here we are! Not loopy yet, hopefully.

My accomplishments for my 3 days off so far are laundrey, measured for the simple curtains I am making and tomorrow I am starting to scan photos into my computer--Well hopefully. Our first four and a half years of traveling we had no computer so I have lots of photos and I am just learning how to do this.

Hope everyone to follow has a great day!!!

Hey Ya'll! :wave:

Just checking in ........good morning snapshotmiki! Sorry you were bitten! :faint3:

We are expecting rain to move in today. Well, actually, rain was supposed to be here a day or two ago. We are enjoying this mild weather.

My week is going along quietly. Thankfully. :sassing:

We found out DS2 will graduate 18th out of 238 in his class in May. :cele: That is one smart kid! We are experiencing the joy of filling out endless paperwork for college. <_<

He will be playing football for a small private college while studying pre-med at a school just a couple of hours away from here. :cheer:

Ya'll have a fantabulous day!!!!!

mommafitz

Good Morning!

Sorry about the bite thing. :o

Rain here today as well. I heard something about thunderstorms. Will be nice to wash away the yuck of winter.

Working around the house. Getting ready to gut our bedroom. Hubby is re-insulating the walls, putting up new drywall etc. Our old house needs it. Built in 1918. I get the fun part of cleaning our the room.

Have a great day!

And I'm sitting here, steaming mad and fumes coming out of my ears. It started so well though...

This afternoon a woman was supposed to come to check us for an adoption dog. Spitting image of my dear Loki. A lovely black Alsatian.

This dog is in Spain, had a crushed leg, is ready for adoption now. The organisation that mediates for him wants a home inspection. It is however a German organisation and I've jumped through every hoop to give them every information possible about me being a good dog mommy.

They spoke with the vet here. Glowing reports.

They had contact with the foundation Loki came from (also a Spanish rescue dog). Glowing reports.

I've send pictures, paper work, explained that the traveldate for the dog was pretty inconvenient for me but I adapted my plans. This involved cancelling a weekend of workshops I was going to give so loss of income.

It also meant me not being able to take care of my sister who is having surgery at this very moment. She's getting a new knee and will be immobile for a while. She wanted me to go pick up doggie on the 21st so gave me the green light.

It means me driving 600km down to stay with friends in the area and drive a bit further to pick up dog when he arrives.

Now the blimming cheeck!

The dog is not as we agreed arriving in Karlsruhe but instead in Munchen! That is another 3 hours to and 3 hours back. Do they think my car runs on water or something? And the dog is expensive as well.

I am upset that I do everything to prove worthy (yes it does feel like that) and now they one-sided change the plans. And here is the punchline: they haven't even told me that directly this adoption agency. I hear it only from the Dutch agency that is brought in to do the inspection on their behalf!

That's why the inspection women gave me a call just now, to ask if I was aware of the change of plan? Uhm no?

She was angry about the way this is handled and assured me they understand if I cancel everything now. It is absolutely not done to have a person take this much effort and then casually change plans.

So here I am, arranging everything in a mad dash to get ready to drive of next week. Changing plans, arranging things and losing valuable money.

And I have to hear from a third party they changed the plans? Can anyone tell me the difference between a 30 minute drive and a 3 hour one? And back?

I can, it's the difference of a full 10 days of food for my family, that's what it is!

AARRGGGHHHHHH :yuk:

Being flatbroke and falling in love with this dog sure is not good for my prepping plans. Snap snap snapperdysnap.

Still having computer problems.

The old one is dead, and the new one has a hard drive problem! That sucker is going back!

New baby chicks.

Archived