MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Back Again, hopefully with a vengeance!

Jayceef

Hi all. I am hopefully back for good this time. I know that I didn't post very often and am still considered a newbie, but I wanted to post for myself more than anything. Dh and I had our baby on February 13th of this year. What a beautiful child and he is so good. When I figure out how to download pics I will post some. I have to go back to work on the 26th of April for two weeks of overnights and then I go to days (got a new post at work). I have been really bad about preparing this last 6 months or so. It hit me when I dumped more bleach in with my whites and realized that I only have about a quarter of a 96 oz. jug and that is it. What is that gonna do for me when TSHTF. So for this last two weeks of my maternity leave I am going to try to figure out a plan of action to get back on track. I had been more about financial preparedness the last part of this pregnancy (which still needs some tweaking).

My mother found a swing at a garage sale for really cheap for me, so I am going to put the baby in it when I want to work in the kitchen. I was going to buy a brand new one, but she came through with this one saving me a lot of money. I want to get back into baking my own bread, making homemade cleaners, canning, drying and the such. I have been diligent about making my own laundry soap and my DS soon to be DMIL made me homemade baby wipes and gave me the recipe. After the big box I have of store bought is used up I will start to make my own.

DH and I are doing a bigger garden this year and will be putting in gutters so we can catch water to use for watering and emergency use if need be. With the birthday money I will be getting I was thinking of getting a berkey water filter system and some books on money management. Hope everyone has been doing well. Things are not really looking up in the real world even fore someone with their head stuck in the sand like me. Take care.

I ditto everything she just said!! Welcome back!

Congrats on that precious baby!! :D

For being a brand-new mommy, I'd say you're doing fabulous on the prepping -- way to go that you have the energy and inspiration to do more!

Hugs to you and your family... :)

Archived