MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Mother's Day

Dee

Good morning ladies :wave:

I wish all of you ladies a great Mother's Day. I don't know what my children are up to today but I'm sure they'll be calling soon to either go out for brunch, come to visit or some such thing. They never forget and somehow always make the day special. DD that lives in in San Francisco sent me a dozen beautiful roses and she'll be calling sometime today too, I'm sure.

My mother is gone and has been for 29 years. I still miss her daily. I don't think you ever get over losing your parents and that unconditional love...wow!

So, have a great day ladies and let us know what you're doing today!

:grouphug:

My dd2 wants to grill out today.It has stoped raining but it's still cold out.

I need to go to the store for groceries 1st.

I 'm going tosee my Mom today. I think I will take her out to lunch sometime this week.

Now I need to get ready for church.

Have a great Mother's Day

I didn't go to church this am.... slept in. DH had to work today and is worried that I am upset with him about it..his job doesn't allow people to take off easily so I understand. DS and his girlfriend should be here soon to visit. He will be leaving in a few days to move to Pittsburg for his internship with GE...he graduated from college on friday with a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Safety. I am so proud of him...GE is listed as the #3 top internship to get in Forbes magazine. WOOHOO!!! :woohoo:

I have been given strict orders from DH to do nothing today. I don't know how that is suppose to work when people like to eat...lol

Lord knows my 17 1/2yoDD who is moving out the minute she turns 18 to start her REAL (fairy tale) life won't lift a finger to help...she may break a nail or a sweat. :0327:

LOL....been praying she 'wakes' up but it seems unlikely.

Blessings to you all and HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!

Bb

WELL..........................

first we had high winds all night long and lots of tree and wires down ( but not in our yard) then........

It SNOWED! Woke up to find it snowing and about 1/4 inch on the ground! Godd thing they said it was going to be in the 35- 39 overnight so we could things in the garden and moves stuff from the greenhouse inside for the night. things went better after that.

Lori got breakfest in bed -

then gifts from Michael and the girls (cats)-

then went for a 'snow walk'-

then out to visit her Mom (called mine)-

then out for Chineese Dinner (ate too much, again)-

then back home to camp INSIDE for the rest of the day (had plans to camp out overnight but the temps were to cold!)

and then it SNOWED so good thing we moved things inside.

So Lori had a GREAT day and we had FUN too.

:AmishMichaelstraw:

So, Dee, how'd your day end up? :)

I can't wait to join you in Grandmotherhood next month! I hear they're WAAAAY more fun than our own!!! :24:

My day ended up perfect Cat. Grandkids over off and on all day. Three year old comes in and says, "I love you more than anybody in the whole world Grandma", yep a tear jerker moment.

Our DFD (dear foster daughter) brought in Rubbermaid totes saying here's containers for you to haul your produce to farmers market. What a sweetie, I hadn't gotten that far in my thinking. She also said, "I woke up this morning thinking, I need to give Dee a hug and tell her I love her". Good grief, another tear jerker moment. That girl moved in with us when she was 14 and just celebrated her 48th birthday last month. She has a great husband and 2 almost sons. She's a keeper!

DS and DDIL brought me a beautiful hibiscus tree, bush, I'm not sure what you call it but DDIL had 2 of them in her flower bed last year and they're gorgeous.

So, as I said, my day was perfect and Cat until you become a Grandma you can't truly imagine the joy it is. I'm so glad you'll be finding out soon.

Archived