MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Mucky Monday

Dee

Morning glories :bouquet:

It's a rainy mucky morning around here again. I was tired this morning and just kept turning over going back to sleep. When I finally looked at the clock it was 7:45. I NEVER sleep that late but no sun and overcast as it was I didn't realize it was so late. It was soooooooo nice though! :)

Saturday was farmer's market and then a wedding in the afternoon/evening. Yesterday I babysat and then canned my first round of greenbeans, so for us it was a busy weekend.

I'm hoping to stay home today and get something accomplished around here. It won't be outside though so I must think of something to do in here......I am NOT mentioning that one thing I have talked about for a week but will tell you if I do it.

What's up with all of you? Anything exciting or just a normal Monday? Let us know! :grouphug:

Good Morning Dee! Yesterday, I listed 4 items on ebay so that today and the rest of the week I can cut out patterns and sew. We are having leftover fajitas for dinner. Am also making donuts from refigerated biscuits as the PB cheesecake is finally gone. :( Should be a nice relaxing week. :)

So, hows that pantry looking? LOL

Hope you all have a great day!

I fell back to sleep this morning while sitting in the chair drinking my coffee....I never do that! I needed to get out and water everything. According to my thermometer and the neighbors it was 108 yesterday and it's suppose to be hotter today. I had the kids all move downstair to sleep so that both air conditioners wouldn't be running all night. It is suppose to be this hot all week. My son is suppose to overnight my DH a cooling vest to work in. It was still right at 100 degrees at 1 am last night in the plant where he works. I hope the vest comes today before DH goes back to work at 7pm. I worry about him having a heat stroke. It has been as hot as 130 in the plant and they still have them work

I have so much to do I am going to have to make me a list and get really busy.

Hope you all have a great day....stay cool and hydrated.

Blessings,

bb

I just heard the weather forecast on the radio for tommrow. Thunderstorms with scattered tornados. :o

I thank he meant to say is scattered thunderstorms with possible tornados.

With the bad storms and tornados we have had this summer I kind of believe him.

DH said he did not want to worry me but the last tornado we had was in the field across the road from us. Not 2 miles away from us like I thought.

It's in the uper 80's here. Kind of muggy.

Oh my gosh, I have to report this.....it's sooooooooo stupid. I'm cleaning the pantry (yep, actually getting to it) and I've found 60 pints of greenbeans in there. I knew I had a couple of boxes, which of course is 24 pints BUT 60??? I also knew I had 12 8oz. jars of pizza sauce but so far I've run across another 18 jars. When I defrosted the freezer last week I knew I had a bag of frozen corn, probably 25 bags in the big bag, but I found a 2nd bag of corn in there too. My word if I keep this up I won't have to can or freeze anything this year. :0327:

Actually, it's very good that I have all this extra because our gardens really aren't producing well this year. I'm glad I stocked up so well last year.

Sounds like others of you were tired and getting rain too. We have warnings out for heavy rains and thunderstorms tonight too.

You knew I meant my pantry didn't you Mikki.....you are so smart girl! :)

Well, back to the pantry to see what else I might find!

Dee,

What a great surprise to be so much better prepared than you thought you were.

At 6pm the temp under the awning outside the kitchen window said it was 119. I HAVE to water tonight.....the yard is getting crunchy and brown and I don't want to lose the roses I got for mothers day.

I live in tornado alley and usually have all the weather that some of you are experiencing up north of me.

Everyone stay safe in this wild weather.

Blessings,

bb

Archived