MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Fabulous Friday!

Jori

Good morning everyone~

It's a beautiful day here just off of Lake Michigan. The sun is shining, the sky is a beautiful blue and there are clouds that are "POPPING" out of the blue. A little breeze but nothing like yesterday.

I have dishes in the dishwashing the first load of laundry finished as well as lasagna made and ready to be put in the oven for dinner tonight. The kids and I are going to run a few errands today as they both need fall jackets with hoods, DH needs soda, DD needs her feet measured and I think it will mean new shows for her. She's been in one size all summer and I sized her at home with a chart that I printed up and it shows she jumped 3 sizes overnight! They did all about me papers at school yesteday at she is 3 ft 6 in tall and she'll turn 4 at the end of December :huh: .

I finished pulling the carrots out of the garden yesteday so they will be canned up sometime today minus the few for chicken soup that will be canned and Sunday's dinner of stew. It's kind of sad to see the last bits of the garden let but I love fall so it's a trade off.

What's going on in your neck of the woods?

Dee~ if you see this, glad you had a great trip and loved the photos! Glad to have you back, too. :hug3:

Have a wonderful day!

I haven't really said much on here, but I've been babysitting my grandson these last 2 weeks, Tuesday - Friday. Kind of disrupts things a bit! :blink: Especially when lilDD missed her bus twice in the first week, throwing everything off, since I meet my bigDD to pick him up at her work, then take him back to their house. :(

He's 2 1/2 months old now. Most of the time we do OK, but it's different. And then I have to use DD's laptop at her house, so THAT'S different. I don't like laptops.

I seriously doubt I'll have chickens until next spring. DH hasn't done anything towards fixing up the ruined coop/run. I'm disappointed, but will survive.

On the plus side, we took our pop cans in for recycling, got $33.00, and bought a nice big shelf unit that I have been wanting. :woohoo: I don't think DH understood how important it was to me. Getting the cans out of the barn was just a good excuse to go on and buy the shelves the same day, since I couldn't handle them myself in the car.

So along with the post I put in "Pinching Pennies" about the mouse problem, that's how my life is going lately... :pc_coffee:

DD1 found a job and needed her birth certificate. DH needed it some time ago and did not put it back where it belonged and he can't find it. <_< ( I am not happy about that.)

So I had to go to the health department for it. They don't keep the records in town any more and I had to go to the next larger city for it . What a pain. Traffic was bad and the road by the mall is under construction.

Every time I go by 2 houses by the mall they painted years ago all I can think is WHO paints One house lime green and the one beside it turquoise? :blink:

Now I have to take dd shopping for work clothes .

Have a great night.

A late hello today! I've had a mending day today. Mended a tear in DHs shirt, hemmed one skirt and sewed up a scarf out of the same leftover material to go with it, hemmed one pair of slacks and did the iron on patch to two pairs of jeans and one pair of shorts. That's a lot of sewing for me.

Tomorrow we do yard sales and have to be at one at 7:30A so am making biscuits and sausage gravy tonight to last for a few breakfasts. Also jalapeno poppers for dh. We are having Corn Dog Casserole for dinner tonight along with a squash casserole. Still have some of the banana Bread that I thawed a few days ago for dessert. All in all I am cooking fairly thriftily? while we have no bucks coming in--but ebay.

I'm glad your DD1 got a job, Gofish! I understand about the important papers. My SS card has been missing for a couple of years. I put it somewhere safe!

Cat, I bet you're happy with your new shelving unit! Wish I had room.

Jori, how was your shopping expedition?

Have a good evening everyone!

The weather the last week or so has been wonderful here so we have been outside getting more things done.I went to a couple of yard sales today and found a wicker shelf for $3 and a set of barstoools for $15 that will go into my craft room.

All in all it was a wonderful day until.......

I got a call from my sister just a bit ago.......she told me that while her dd was in the bathroom stall at school today two girls came in and one told the other that she hadn't told her parents about her new boyfriend and the other girl said "that's nothing, I haven't told my parents I'm going to have a baby".....that other girl was my DD. She's a senior and her BF just started college. I don't know what to think or do...I just took her to an oral surgeon yesterday and she is suppose to have surgery on Tuesday to remove her wisdom teeth and she signed the papers that asked if she was pregnant....I just pray it isn't true. :pray:

bb

Praying for your family, Blest (sending you a big hug, too) :pray::bighug2:

Cat~ sending you one, too. :bighug2: I can't believe that baby is 2 1/2 months old all ready!

Go~ We had a bright purple house for years on the state road in the next town over when I was growing up. The DH did it because the DW kept nagging him to paint the house. Reminder to us all, be careful what you ask for (or at least, be specific). :24:

It's not so much the color of each house, but that thier beside each other. They hit you in the face with bold, bright color that clashes.

$60.00 for a outfit that meets the requirements for her job!

She will pay me back and she will get a new phone, and a car and new clothes and.... and...and....we will see how far it goes.

Hope this will wake her up so she will do better in school and do something with her life.

She's 16 and knows everything. I'm just a cheap, mean old Mom who doesn't know anything.

Ahhh, the trusting naivete of youth... they see the job and the future paycheck and then when they actually get the check with the pay-stub explaining all the taxes removed from it..... :o:blink::angry:

Make sure she pays for her "uniform clothes"... she'll take more care with them, too, if she paid for them. And I'd try to show her how much it costs to drive her to work, car upkeep, insurance, etc., about the same time she first sees her pay-stub. There's a lot more to consider than the car, itself, and they rarely see that.

blestmomof4... I pray she wasn't being truthful with her friend, but I'd have her checked out anyway. If she is, and something they do at the oral surgeon might affect a baby's health... well, it would add tragedy to pain. :( In the long run, does it matter how you know, or whether you *suspect* or something? Though I'd be careful ratting out the cousin, and rather go with the "rumors around school" theory.

snapshotmiki... "Corn Dog Casserole"? Care to elaborate???

:bighug2:

Update:

Confronted dd...she said she didn't care what anyone said they never heard her say anything like that. I had her take a test with me standing there and thank God it was negative. I was really freaking out.

Cat, this cousin has said things before about my kids that weren't true...I should have known better than to get so upset. Week before last she said my youngest smokes pot. My youngest is homeschooled and is with me or DH almost 24/7 except at church or when staying at her cousins. With older DD I did say it was because of rumors that I suspected that there may be a problem but she knew that her cousin had said something.

I tried to stay positive this week but it's been difficult. A girl in DD's senior class was in a wreck on her way to school monday and killed, her services were yesterday.....her only sibling had been killed in a previous wreck. A friend of DH was seriously injured when a SUV ran into his motorcycle. He was transfered out of state to a hospital due to his severe injuries and NO ONE was notified for 4 days supposedly due to the new privacy laws......even though everyone was looking for him. Also found out that the mother of 2 boys my kids have grown up with has been given 5 months to live and my sister is having a terrible time with her jerk of a husband and it's starting to get really ugly.

DH and I were suppose to go out of town today for some 'us' time but he got up at 4am to go pick up the Angel Food order for our church and hasn't made it home yet so we'll see how wiped out he is when he gets home.

Today is a new day and praying this coming week will be better.

By the way..I love a little color. I have my shed in the back that I painted purple with green shutters and yellow doors. Inside it has a yellow floor, lime walls, dark purple counter tops, and a few other colors. It's my craft room/yard sale storage area. My house, however, is white....for now.

Hope you all have a great day.

Blessings,

bb

Archived