MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

How can I thicken this up?

I've made pear butter and it's turned out nice. It's a pretty good consistency but for my own taste, I would like it a little bit thicker. Anything I can do? Slow cook it a bit longer with the lid off? Or will it thicken/stiffen up if it gets refrigerated? Just wondering...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi--I'm new to this but your note reminded me--we were given some pears off someone's tree last summer and when they finally ripened we made them into pear wine. Yum!

Uh--can you tell me where I can start a new question?? Rookies, you know how we are!

At the top of the page on the right side, there is a button to allow you to start a new topic.

Welcome to Mrs.S!!:welcome4:

Hi--I'm new to this but your note reminded me--we were given some pears off someone's tree last summer and when they finally ripened we made them into pear wine. Yum!

Uh--can you tell me where I can start a new question?? Rookies, you know how we are!

At the top of the page on the right side, there is a button to allow you to start a new topic.

Welcome to Mrs.S!!:welcome4:

Got it--and thanks! I have to deal with technology all day but the darn button eluded me. Many days I can be heard to say, "I'd rather be canning green beans!"

Archived