MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thursday at Mrs. S.

Dee

Good morning everyone :wave:

Another beautiful morning but it was only 33 degrees when I got up so the cooler weather is starting. I think the high today should be 66 though so that's nice working outside weather.

DH got the farms corn finished yesterday and it's all in town safe and sound. My but getting it out of the field is a nice feeling. Today he'll finish up on the 3 acres of corn on our acreage and DS's 2 acres across the blacktop. This is corn we'll keep for feeding livestock and burning in the cornstove.

I guess you'd say another season is about over and the next is close at hand.....WINTER.... it's the one season I truly hate and the only time I DO NOT like living in Iowa. Anyway, no more whining, I chose to live here. :)

Hope you all have a great day. Let us know what you're up to. :grouphug:

Temps are supposed to get to the mid-50s here today. It's cool, dark, rainy and very, very windy. Wow are those leaves coming down! I guess raking will be next on the list.

With my genealogy research, I've switched over to working on DH's side. I'm way more interested it this than he is, but that's okay. It's like putting together a puzzle and I'm excited to find another piece. I sent away for a few obituaries. Even though it is supposed to take a few weeks, I'm already watching the mail.

Now that it is cool, sunny and beautiful here in New Mexico we head for Arizona tomorrow--still in the 90s during the day. Havent' been on much between traveling, the gathering, mom11s, packing up to move again and now the new board. Looking forward to getting my suitcase that did not arrive back when I did. Should be tomorrow. Made "Chocolate Salad Muffins" yesterday--Choc., banana, carrot, zucchini muffins. I have the ingredients for pickled jalapenos, salsa, and more elk to can. Gotta wait til I get to where it's 90 to do all that. I will be glad to get back to work in AZ.

Have a great day everyone!

Archived