MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

1st of November

It doesn't seem like October should be over already! It's my favorite month so it always seems to go by the quickest.

It was 27 degrees when DH left for work this morning. Brr! The weather people are calling for a rain/snow mix on Saturday.

I spoke with the roofers a little while ago and it looks like they'll be starting on my roof (hopefully) sometime next week. I'm excited!

I love October too---I love the crisp cooler days and the brightly coloured leaves. They've all been blown off now with the high winds that we've been having. Today is gorgeous though--bright blue sky, sunshine and fairly moderate temps. Yes, it was at freezing for us overnight too...I covered an impatience plant that is doing better now than it did in the heat of the summer when it did not bloom..now its in full bloom. so its close to the front door too now and enjoying the sunshine that its getting right now to warm it up. (though I know they're shade lovers--which is where it was)

Funny how in the spring, these just barely freezing temps will feel sooo warm but now they feel cold to us. Winter is still to come and these temps will be downright balmy once the real cold comes!

Supposed to hit 85 here today! 88 or so the rest of the week. I gave both pups haircuts this morning. They look a bit like schnauzers instead of puff balls now. We have some leftover bean and rice dish and I will saut`e some spam to go with. Never thought I would put saut`e and spam in the same sentence! Might make an apple pie as I have leftover apples from yesterdays treats. Think I will relax some today. Hope you all get a chance to stop and reflect a while also!!!!

Archived