MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Just found out I lost a friend last month

Vic303

He was an internet friend--lived not that far north of us, and we did some trades and swapped goodies back and forth on occassion. He was somewhat reclusive, and was opinionated on the forums (he was a prepper too), but even when we disagreed, he was pleasant and enjoyable about it. I just found out today, that he died last month. Our small group had been wondering what had happened to him, as he had been offline quite a while, but he was like that sometimes. But today, one of the guys posted a copy of his obit.

He was a wealth of knowledge about cutlery and sharpening and sharpening stones. He had a lot of knowledge of cooking (I think he had been in the restaurant business at some point). He was an army veteran from the 60's.

I had his address and phone, but as he was sometimes longwinded on the phone, I hadn't gotten around to calling to check on him when the group got concerned. I wish I had, but I blew it.

Don't make the mistake I did, and fail to call folks you know, if they drop off the net...

Vic

I get a little anxious when someone drops off the internet. I hate to lose my interent friends. You hope they just got busy and weren't sick or worse. There are a few folks here at MrsS that have been MIA. I hope they are just extra busy right now.

I have written down info for DH to post on my 2 favorite websites where I am a Mod if something happens to me. I just hope he can remember how to get online.

Archived