MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

bread recipes

This year I want to make bread for my husbands company i normally do zucchini bread but did that last year I want to do little loafs but i do not have any other recipes to try if you have any I would appreciated them also I have a sister that cant have no sugar since she had the stomach surgery so I need a sugar free ones also. thanks so much

How soon do you need them? I can't do much right now, but as soon as my own computer is working, I'll find you some great ones. (Hopefully in a couple of days!)

:bighug2:

this is one of my families favs... you could do it into little loaves too--we have never done the topping--it never last long enough to try it

STRAWBERRY BREAD

Mix in a large bowl

3 cups flour

1 tsp soda

1 tsp cinnamon

2 cup sugar

1 tsp salt

Add

1 ¼ cup oil

4 eggs well beaten

1 tsp red coloring

2 pkg frozen strawberries (10oz each)

Mix by hand until well blended. Pour into 2 well greased and floured loaf pans. Bake 350 for 50-60 minutes.

Topping: 1 pkg cream cheese and ½ cup strawberry juice spread onto top if you wish.

here is another family fav--it is a copycat recipe... it doesn't have to be muffins, you could do mini loaves, or a big loaf

OTIS SPUNK MEYER BANANA NUT MUFFINS

1 cup mashed bananas

1 box banana cake mix

1 small box instant banana pudding

4 eggs

½ cup oil

¾ tsp cinnamon

½ cup water

1 tsp banana extract

1 cup chopped walnuts

Blend all together until smooth fill muffin tins and bake 20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.

This is one of my favorites, and it's a big recipe already, so you don't need to double it.

~~~~~

PUMPKIN BREAD

6 eggs

3 c sugar

2 1/4 c oil

3 1/2 c cooked & pureed pumpkin (1 29-oz can)

3 tsp vanilla

4 1/2 c flour

2 1/2 tsp baking soda

3 tsp baking powder

2 tsp salt

3 tsp cinnamon

3 c chopped walnuts or pecans

Grease and flour 5 loaf pans (or 5 1-pound coffee cans). Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Beat eggs, add sugar and beat well. Add oil and pumpkin, mix well. Mix dry ingredients together, stir into pumpkin mixture. Stir in nuts.

Fill pans or cans equally. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

These freeze well.

~~~~~~~~~~~

And it looks like many recipes can be adapted to use with Splenda as sugar-free alternative sweetener. (I tried looking at the Splenda website but it was demanding a password/login, and I left. <_< )

But I found this:

~~~~~

Hints for Baking with SPLENDA* Low calorie sweetener

SPLENDA* Granular is easy to use in most baking recipes by substituting equal amounts of SPLENDA* for white sugar.

SPLENDA* Granular will supply the same amount of sweetness as sugar and will perform very successfully in recipes for these types of foods:

* Shortbread cookies

* Gingerbread cookies

* Fruit pies

* Desserts

* Mousses

* Mincemeat pies

* Jams or jellies

* Fruit cakes

* Quick breads

* Muffins

* Scones

* Cheesecakes

* Frozen desserts

* Sauces

* Puddings

* Gelatin desserts

* Beverages

* Sweetening fruits or vegetables

The types of recipes in which SPLENDA* is less successful are those where sugar provides the structure of the recipe, for example:

* Angel Food Cake

* Meringues

* Candy

* Poundcake

Hints

1. Follow the recipe but add SPLENDA* with the dry ingredients, do not cream with butter or other fats.

2. Baking time will be shorter (5-10 minutes), test for doneness by inserting a wooden skewer in the centre of the dessert. Some recipes may not brown as usual, so do not bake until golden brown or recipe may become overcooked.

3. Cookies may not spread as they bake, therefore flatten cookies to desired thickness before baking. A few tablespoons of liquid may be added if the dough feels too dry.

4. For best results, store foods made with SPLENDA* in the refrigerator, or for longer storage, baked goods with SPLENDA* freeze very well.

5. Substitute SPLENDA* Granular for white sugar or icing sugar only. Unfortunately, SPLENDA* is not recommended for replacing brown sugar, honey, molasses, or fructose.

6. If in doubt about substituting SPLENDA* in the recipe, substitute only half of the sugar with SPLENDA* as a starting point.

7. SPLENDA* Low calorie sweetener may be used in recipes either in the oven, stovetop or in the microwave oven.

Equivalents

Sweetener Amount of Sweetener - Amount of SPLENDA* or Sugar

Sugar Twin - 1 tsp 1 tsp

Sweet 'n Low - 1/3 tsp 1 tbsp

Liquid Sucaryl - 1 tbsp 1 cup

Adolph's Sugar Sub. - 1 tsp 1 tbsp

Liquid Sweet 10 - 4 tsp 1 cup

Weight Watchers - 1/8 tsp, 1 tbsp 1 tsp, 1/2 cup

Tablets Sweet 10 - 1 tablet 1 tsp

Equal Tablets - 1 tablet 1 tsp

Equal Granular - 1 packet 1 packet or 2 tsps

http://www.recipesecrets.net/forums/cooking-tips/9216-hints-baking-splenda-low-calorie-sweetener.html

~~~~~~~~

:bighug2:

thank you so much Cat this one sounds yummy and thanks for all the info on the splenda I got the stuff to make the other 2 recipes from deerslayer just could not find the banna cake mix so I got a spice cake and a vanilla see how it works out

wow--we have banana cake mix in the grocery stores here--don't know--maybe it is a regional thing :shrug: sorry--i don't know anything about no sugar stuff--we are all "fluffy" people here at the deerslayer house :feedme::laughkick:

Archived