MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Canning fish the French way

susie

Well Violet, I think we've wasted enough time on Susie. She's welcome here if she will respect the few boundries in place.

So...

Did you know, long before canning fish with guidelines was published widely, that I searched and searched and searched until I found the Alaskan guidelines for canning fish years and years ago? They are now the ones that are publically recommended, but *I* was canning fish when canning fish wasn't fashionable.

lol

LOL Darlene...I just had a vision:

Darlene pants as she walks uphill to the river, where she scoops flailing fish out of the water with a homemade reed net attached to a branch. Gigantic Alaskan mosquitos are vying for a spot to land on her, but she swats them away with a bandana made from a burlap sack. She plops the fish into a heavy bucket filled with water and walks uphill back to her house, her moccasin-clad feet kicking giant Alaskan stones out of the way with no apparent pain. On the way, she shoots a Kodiak brown bear that crosses her path, ties a rope around his neck, and drags him behind her until she reaches her cozy, sturdy cabin. Once there, she cans the fish according to her Alaskan guidelines that she found long before anyone knew fish could be canned, dresses out the bear, then cans him according to the Ball Blue Book. Two days later, she makes a necklace out of the bear's teeth and tans his hide so she'll have a nice, warm bearskin rug for those cold Alaskan nights!

Go Darlene!!! :D

Congratulations, Violet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am trying not to be envious but ......................Well, I am so I will just admit it. I would love a gas stove but we don't have natural gas in our neighborhood. We were told it would be cost prohibited. Happy canning. Enjoy for all of us.:cheer:

LOL Darlene...I just had a vision:

Darlene pants as she walks uphill to the river, where she scoops flailing fish out of the water with a homemade reed net attached to a branch. Gigantic Alaskan mosquitos are vying for a spot to land on her, but she swats them away with a bandana made from a burlap sack. She plops the fish into a heavy bucket filled with water and walks uphill back to her house, her moccasin-clad feet kicking giant Alaskan stones out of the way with no apparent pain. On the way, she shoots a Kodiak brown bear that crosses her path, ties a rope around his neck, and drags him behind her until she reaches her cozy, sturdy cabin. Once there, she cans the fish according to her Alaskan guidelines that she found long before anyone knew fish could be canned, dresses out the bear, then cans him according to the Ball Blue Book. Two days later, she makes a necklace out of the bear's teeth and tans his hide so she'll have a nice, warm bearskin rug for those cold Alaskan nights!

Go Darlene!!! :D

You've been spying on me.

:0327:

Archived