MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

50+ Degrees Yesterday, 6+ Inches of Snow Today

themartianchick

Yesterday was such a beautiful day...The temps were in the 50's, the sun was shining, most of the snow melted and it looked as though spring had taken hold. I even hung clothes out on the lines on my screened back porch. They dried in record time due to the warm breezes. Last night, those warm breezes turned into powerful gusts ofwind. This morning, we awoke to more than 6 inches of snow on the ground and it is still coming down heavily!!!

Sheesh!!! I've got to go out into this mess to retrieve some more canning jars. My client was able to get another box of them. Since he needs the space in his car for other things, I told him that I'd meet him to pick them up. Maybe I'll swing by the store while I'm out... I'd hate to waste all of hubby's shoveling on a 10 minute run to pick up canning jars.

:faint3:I would be in the corner crying.

It's been beautiful here, too, upper 40's and 50's for days. A few snow piles are left but we have mud and dead grass, the first signs on spring. I've had windows open to left the fresh air in and try and knock out some of the germs. I think the high today is 37 and snow showers are forecast for Sunday and Monday.

I will be traveling back home today. Looks like the trip will involve rain in the mountains.

MIL's water heater went out again, the plumber should be here to replace it sometime today. I managed to complete all the "ToDo" list she gave me and a few extra things. She is still very active and looking great.

She is struggling with missing FIL terribly even tho it has been 4 years. Sometimes I don't know what to say to encourage her. *Sigh*

On the lighter side of things, I actually got a pair of prescription glasses. I can see clearly!!! They had a 1/2 off sale on lenses and I was able to find a pair of inexpensive frames.

Time for me to pack up and get on the road.

May everyone have a blessed day and may you all stay safe and warm.

Once we got out on the streets, we realized that the weather was worse than we'd thought. There were whiteouts as we drove through the city streets and lots of drivers were having difficulty getting up the hills with their vehicles. The grocery store was practically empty compared to the way that it normally is on a Saturday morning. I was glad that we stopped, though because we found some great deals. Now we are back at home. I'm not going out until the wind dies down a bit. I still haven't taken care of the quail or the chickens.

It's still raining here in the Southwest! I believe it has only rained twice here since October. The high today is supposed to be 60. Going back to work today after 3 days off. Didn't do much in my time off but I am feeling better than I have since about New Years.

Ann, I will be praying for a safe trip home for you and Martian Chick, I'm glad you made it home safely! I'm sorry that you are having such a rough winter.

Once we got out on the streets, we realized that the weather was worse than we'd thought. There were whiteouts as we drove through the city streets and lots of drivers were having difficulty getting up the hills with their vehicles. The grocery store was practically empty compared to the way that it normally is on a Saturday morning. I was glad that we stopped, though because we found some great deals. Now we are back at home. I'm not going out until the wind dies down a bit. I still haven't taken care of the quail or the chickens.

......... as you know-

Same thing here!

Last night was so windy and cold! and then got up and headed out at 7 am to get some Amish Friends. Got them back home safely and then headed home to warm ourselfs. Most of the drive was in whiteout and icey roads, then you drive a bit and the road was cleared by the wind and you could see ahead. Just as you got used to that it changed back to whiteouts and blowing winds of over 50 MPH! The van was a rockin' BUT not as bad as the poor guys in the buggy last night 'trying' to get back home at 11 pm, They almost tiped it over 3 or 4 times and was out in the dark,whiteout,windy roads before getting to safety.

My goodness! That had to be awfully scary! (I cannot imagine being out in that kind of wind in a buggy, either! :shakinghead: ) I checked the forecast at weather.com and they said that the snow would basically end at 11am...Nope! It is still coming down. There really is no point in shoveling because the wind just blows it around some more.

I finally got out to my quail and chickens around 1pm. The all seemed kind of spooked by the bad weather. I felt kinda sorry for them until I realized that there wasn't a single egg. :tapfoot:

At any rate, I'm wondering how much longer this is going to last. We're still seeing the whiteouts. I spent a little time in the kitchen chopping and freezing onions and I made chili in the crockpot. I also tried one of those gingerbread cookie mixes that I bought yesterday.I think I'm going to get a little editing done and settle down with a book. I found another Wanda Brunstetter book at Ollie's Outlet last night. Weather like this always makes me want to curl up with a book.

Sunday- and we are HOME and 'hunkering down' !!!!!!!!!!!!

Not because of weather today just because it has been a week!

So it is lamp light, homemade (feel good) meals and reading for us all day long!

Might even take a BATH! and just soak in it for awhile, candles burning, soft music and a cup of tea!!!!!

Then I will have to get out so Lori has a turn (with new water of cause). But then again we could save water and 'share' :ashamed0002: ......................

but then we may end up making a mess and end the day all tired out again. LOL

:AmishMichael2:

Archived