MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Easy Made Emergency Dried Meals

Last year I purchased a dehydrator and came upon the dehydrate2store lady online. She voluntarily teaches you how to put together slow cooker meals from dehydrated vegetables and such. I learned so much from her prepping that I started making up my own dehydrated meal mixes.

Last week I put together about 10 meals for the slow cooker so I would have something to prepare in an instant without thinking about it. I mixed dried herbs, onion, garlic, vegetables, beans and bouillion in packages with dried noodles or dried tortelinni for slow cooker stews, just add water and a can of chicken or dehydrated meats. I made up all kinds of recipes just by converting wet recipe ingredients to dry ingredients. I have soups, stews with dumplings, potato soups with convert to broccoli, cheese soup or clam chowder just add a can of clams, dehydrated jambalya and rice recipes, spagetti recipes and such.

5 months ago our family experienced an illness and unemployment and I can't tell you how I wish I could've had instant meals without a thought to fix. I would imagine in an emergency or disaster this typw of meal prep would be a really start for piece of mind. The dehydrate2store lady is volunteering her talents, because she experienced a horrible snow storm and witnessed the emtpy store shelves and wanted to do her part to help other Mothers prepare ,hope you check out her site and get meal ideas of your own to prepare.

Those dehydrated foods rule. I regularly dehydrated extra chilis and soups for my own 'cup-o-soup'. Dehydrated taco meat is cool, too. Glad to see you are using the dehydrator - please keep us posted on any particularly tasty concoctions you discover!!

Those dehydrated foods rule. I regularly dehydrated extra chilis and soups for my own 'cup-o-soup'. Dehydrated taco meat is cool, too. Glad to see you are using the dehydrator - please keep us posted on any particularly tasty concoctions you discover!!

I liked the hawaiian shrimp & rice on the backpacking site... TASTY!

Archived