MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

End of summer Wednesday for the kids in our area

Jori

Good morning~:bouquet:

Our area kids head back to school today (the high school has been in for about 20 minutes now) so it's the unofficial end of summer here. Unfortunately, for the kids the predicted high is 93 with isolated thunderstorms (a hot one to go back on). My older two start school (PreK and Preschool) the day after Labor Day and I'm excited and sad for them. Excited because they are excited and ready to start their new adventures. Sad because DD will be 5 the end of December, where did the last 5 years go....

Both kids started Taekwondo yesterday and had alot of fun. I opted for that instead of tumbling (which they will start mid-fall) because it will give them discipline but in the back of my mind, they will have some background in self defense if the need arises.:whistling: It was cute (and funny) to listen to and watch. They will be finishing swim lessons with one of my good friends, who use to work for me, sometime in September. There wasn't a question that they needed the lessons and I have lots of reasons why I feel strongly about it. The next thing will be getting them (including the baby) use to being in a two man kayak or a canoe and learning basic paddle skills.

DD is going on an adventure with her aunt (my DS) today to go paint ceramics. She doesn't know what she is going or where she is going so she started calling it her adventure. My adventure with the boys will be to run a few errands and try to finish canning corn and start salsa. (Lofty goals with a two month old:bounce:).

We will be celebrating my nephews first birthday this weekend, which is bittersweet as we would have been celebrating my niece's second birthday on 9/11. But we are excited to be celebrating the little goof's special day. Sunday, we are going to attend a new church and then taking the kids to the Steam Engine Museum so DS 1 can ride the trains. We were at the Milwaukee Zoo on Sunday (excellent zoo, if you have the opportunity to go. We will be going back soon!) and they had a train and ziplines that he wanted to go on. The line for the train was LONG and at 3 years old, he wasn't big enough for the zipline.

What's going on in your world?

Have a great day!:bighug2:

Morning, :wave:

Busy day yesterday catching up on everything. Worked on removing a virus DH got while I was away... "..what is wrong with my computer? It won't let me on-line and it has a pop up that says my computer is infected with a bunch of things... but our virus software says I don't.... " :sHa_sarcasticlol:

So, I fired it up...

:pc_coffee: ...

:0327: ...

:pc_coffee: ...

:banghead: ...

:motz_6: ...

went to my machine ...

:pc_coffee: ....

:shakinghead: ...

went back to his machine...

:whistling: ...

6 hours later, programs uninstalled.... re-installed... updated... off... on... re-boot... re-boot... hack...hack...hack....

and......

:cele:

:woohoo:

:happy0203:

Today's plans are to work on paperwork. Real exciting.... :animal0017:

I hope everyone has a great day.

Some spyware isn't detected by antivirus. I installed malwarebytes (free) on all of our computers after our daughter infected her laptop with something nasty. It was the only thing that I could find to remove the problem. I had to use a different computer to download the saoftware to a flashdrive and then I was able to load it onto her computer. I could only do it in safe mode since that disabled the virus from interfering with my progress.

It's an interesting day here for me. I looked in the fridge and found an unopened box of curly macaroni. I have no idea how long it has been in there or why I put it in there in the first place. Last time I went to the grocery store was about three weeks ago so I assume it's been in there at least that long. And I just now found it?

Then I did something really stupid. I had a bottle of root beer. It was empty and I was absentmindedly taking the plastic rim, that is left on after you remove the cap, off with my bottom teeth. I don't know why. It has little flanges around the bottom of the rim. Anyway, I got the thing almost off and it slid back down and over my lip. So there I sat with a plastic bottle hanging off my face and I couldn't get my teeth out from behind my lip to slide the rim off. I had to pry it up with my fingers just enough to slip my lip out. Ohhh, that smarted. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

And we wonder why I live alone. Think I'll lay low the rest of the day.

TMC, DH said he clicked on something and that was all it took.

Even in safe mode and safe mode with networking, his computer was unable to go on line to download the programs to remove it.

According to Microsoft, it came out in June 2011 and will not let you get on line unless you buy their product, which is way below industry standards falsely showing a list of infections and intrusions.

DH had not been keeping his virus/malware/spyware programs up to date, hence, the lack of protection when he clicked. Problem solved, they will update by themselves now. McAfee won the war and the spy ware program had him coming to me today asking 'why when he went back to the site where he got the virus, his spyware program popped up warning him not to be there'. :banghead:

((((Jeepers)))))

I got something like this on two seperate computers... I cant get back online, it says it isconnected to an unidentified network... but the modem and the router are fine.. a laptop got on just fine... any ideas?

TMC, DH said he clicked on something and that was all it took.

Even in safe mode and safe mode with networking, his computer was unable to go on line to download the programs to remove it.

According to Microsoft, it came out in June 2011 and will not let you get on line unless you buy their product, which is way below industry standards falsely showing a list of infections and intrusions.

DH had not been keeping his virus/malware/spyware programs up to date, hence, the lack of protection when he clicked. Problem solved, they will update by themselves now. McAfee won the war and the spy ware program had him coming to me today asking 'why when he went back to the site where he got the virus, his spyware program popped up warning him not to be there'. :banghead:

((((Jeepers)))))

I got something like this on two seperate computers... I cant get back online, it says it isconnected to an unidentified network... but the modem and the router are fine.. a laptop got on just fine... any ideas?

PM sent.

Archived