MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I Got Pulled Over Today

Jeepers

I've been trying to get to Sams Club to do a prep run before winter. It keeps getting postponed because I didn't want to go in the rain. It takes me too long to load up the Jeep with the bulky stuff and I sure didn't want to stand in the rain doing it. Weeks and weeks of rain.

So, for the next 8 days it is going to be sunny! :eclipsee_Victoria:

At 8:00am I get a knock on the door (doorbell is broken). They said everyone on my side of the street has to get their car out of the garage now and park it on the street, if they want to drive it, because they are tearing up the street to replace it. It's going to take about a week. The street is horrible and long overdue for replacing. But today was the first chance I had to go to Sams and I was determined to go.

Can't go now for at least another week! We have to park about a half a block away and no way can I carry all the stuff I hope to buy. Especially the canned goods etc. Can you see me toting an industrial size package of toilet paper down the street? Also I don't want any of my nosey neighbors gawking and thinking I’m a prepper.

Funny thing happened though. Right now our street is one way during construction. They have a place sectioned off on the wrong side of the street for the residents to park. A 'road closed ~ do not enter' sign is posted in the street but we residents turn in there to get to our parking which is right on the other side of the sign. As soon as I turned on to my street a police car was coming from the other way and turned on his lights and before I could get my window down to explain, he gave a big "WOOOP" on the siren. Dang! Draw as much attention as you can. I rolled my window down and said, "I'm just parking, I live here" He must have been embarrassed because he said gruffly, "Okay, just be careful!" I said, “I thought I was.....”

to myself.

:rolleyes: Soooo, did you ever get to Sam's then?

MtRider

No. I have to wait until I can get in the garage to unload my haul. :ph34r:

About another week. Probably be raining/snowing again by then. I'm just going to lay low and dehydrate some carrots this week.

Well, they are supposed to start pouring the concrete on the road in front of my house Wednesday. Not sure how long the curing time will be. It's been a pain for a lot of people parking way down the street. This is an older neighborhood and so many people here are elderly. We sort of all got together and the people across the street are letting some cars park in their driveway. That helps the older folks a lot. I told the people across the street from me they can use my driveway when it's their turn. I just have one car and one car in the driveway won't be in the way at all.

So, our side hasn't had mail delivery for a week now. I figured I'd better go to the P.O. and pick it up in case I have some bills coming due. Now, I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack but what happened next stumped even me... I went in and asked for my mail. The lady, bless her heart, said I needed proof of ID. I gave her my drivers license. She said along with that I needed a piece of mail to prove that was my residence. Don't get ahead of me here...

I told her she has my mail. She tells me but it has to be delivered. I tell her it couldn't be delivered. She tells me she has to get a supervisor. Supervisor tells me I need proof of ID and a piece of delivered mail. I tell him he has my mail. Supervisor says oh, okay. Supervisor gives me my mail. I walked out feeling just a little bit smarter and pretty good about myself.

I told her she has my mail. She tells me but it has to be delivered. I tell her it couldn't be delivered. She tells me she has to get a supervisor. Supervisor tells me I need proof of ID and a piece of delivered mail. I tell him he has my mail.

Snort! Did you tell them your name isn't Kafka and you'd like your mail now prolly?

I told her she has my mail. She tells me but it has to be delivered. I tell her it couldn't be delivered. She tells me she has to get a supervisor. Supervisor tells me I need proof of ID and a piece of delivered mail. I tell him he has my mail.

Snort! Did you tell them your name isn't Kafka and you'd like your mail now prolly?

It was rather Kafkaesque!!! Or maybe not, but probably. :24:

Good news for all of us! They are pouring the cement for my side of the street today. I should be able to use my garage tomorrow.

Good news for me because I get to make my Sams run, finally. And good news for you because maybe I'll stop posting so much if I can get out of here without strange men all over my yard AND I can go bye-bye in the car! :cele:

That was a funny story about the mail being delivered--or not being delivered. I loved it! Glad you can soon be out and about.

Archived