MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Alpaca wool rules!

Christy

A very lovely woman here has sent a parcel. Her name is, hoping it's ok to tell, Annarchy!

A while ago I sent her handkerchiefs for Frank the ferret and some handspun and -dye wool. My very first handspun and dye wool and it took a lot of learning. Mebbe a headband could be knit from it. Don't know how cold it gets in winter where you are.

She now has send the most gorgeous seaweed green soft as a baby Alpaca wool. I'd never held it in my hands and it's the softest thing ever. Oh it feels good. Breeding Alpacas suddenly seems a preferable option over sheep :)

It seems there's enough to make a pair of fingerless gloves with a fancy pattern.

Frank the ferret has send Nima a jar of Pomegranate jam hoping she likes the slightly tart taste. We're about to have breakfast and will find out soon enough. It looks real good in a very pretty jar.

Thank you so much Annarchy, I really love it and it made my day.

So glad the box got there in one piece, and you like the color.

I was impressed with the alpaca farm training room, the finely woven socks and other items they had for sale. Spinning wheels and looms reminded me of you and the wool you worked so hard to make. Again, thank you for your thoughtfulness.

I am glad it made your day.

:bouquet:

I am hoping to get some alpaca wool from a small VT farm this winter when the van goes. Nothing scheduled yet but it's always a lovely trip and would like to get some for a hat or mittens. I know I can't do the Peruvian designs in knitting yet but it would be a delight to learn later after my own skill level is up.

Things went slightly wrong. I'll post in the Pst can we talk section.

Archived