MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hello - It is Tuesday.................

what a busy day here!

Lori's long day at work so that is the day I do things around here like clean,cook,garden (done). Unless I get a call from the Amish and have to go and help, but try and plan things to do so I am home.

But this day I have all that to do, PLUS it is Thanksgiving week so extra, And then this weekend is Dolhouse Show / Sale we are doing so I need to get things 'ready'!

So I am multi-tasking up a storm!

....... and how is your day going?

:AmishMichael2: a.k.a. :clothesline: & :dusting: & :feedme:

We've had a good week so far. Ran/walked about 3 miles on Sunday. Yesterday I finished a dish rag I was making, got almost 400sq/ft of laminate flooring with attached padding for $147 (should cover the kids rooms and 2 bathrooms, maybe all 3, DS and DH made arrows for 4H, taught DD how to make a chain stitch. Today DH and DS went hunting, DD went to 4H fun day, I talked to a friend that is preparing for things to come and had a moment of paranoia but another friend that is preparing helped me through it - picking up a few things at WalMart and $ Tree helped too, We came home and the kids helped me make veggie and steak tacos for lunch and if it doesn't storm going running later. DH says he's going anyway as he's prepping for a 1/2 marathon in Jan, but me and DD said we're not going in the rain. :pout: Might get a head start on turkey day and make some cranberry relish tonight.

:huh: Just realized all my serving dishes are in storage and I don't know where.

I baked my turkey today! Guess that is a headstart, huh? I had to cut it apart to get it in the oven! Sure looking forward to a full size fridge and oven! So the trurkey is deboned and in packages in the fridge and freezer. Tomorrow I will make the cornbread dressing and Pumpkin Applesauce. We are having Persimmon Smoothies every night for dessert from the first batch of persimmons that ripened. I have one more batch ripening now.

We had a good bit of rain today but nothing like the tornado the other day and I'm glad of that! Now it is cooling off. It has been warm and humid for several days. Hope you all have had a nice day!!!!!!

Well I got my apple pie made all from scratch, turned out beautifully and the snow fall has begun here..... supposed to get several inches, maybe up to 8 inches. I guess that means that we won't be getting together with mha tomorrow for our Thanksgiving supper.......well at least I made a great pie! Well , we will see tomorrow what happens.

Miss Macy the cat is enjoying the studying of snowflakes fallin' outside, shimmering in the lamplight and how its turning things all white out there.

:woohoo: ( thats Miss Macy's opinion, any how.)

Miss Macy the cat is enjoying the studying of snowflakes fallin' outside, shimmering in the lamplight and how its turning things all white out there.

:woohoo: ( thats Miss Macy's opinion, any how.)

Did you have to go out in the snow and get a bowl full of snow for her to eat?

Well tell her Tobie (our girl cat) said THAT is the best part of having it snow!

She will sit by the window and cry until we go out and get her some - and she will come to bed and wake us up to do it IF it starts to snow in the middle of the night.

NO she's not spoiled!

:AmishMichael2:

We've been dealing with some uninvited, unwelcome visitors. Last week it was a bat.

Yesterday, I went to the basement to get something and saw a mouse :behindsofa: . DH set traps. We caught one last night. This morning, there was another one in the trap. There was a bag of sunflower seeds (for birds) in the basement that they got into. We're slowly discovering some of the places they've been based on sunflower seed shells.

We picked our Thanksgiving turkey up fresh from the turkey farm yesterday. On the way home, the check engine light came on.

Next week is our firearms deer season. DH uses a vacation week from work. It was pretty much a wash out for him last year with us being in the middle of getting a roof on the house and dealing with big problems from the contractors. Even if he doesn't get a deer this year, I just want him to be able to relax. I can see too much stress on his face lately.

Archived