MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sunny Saturday

winknasmile

Morning Glories :bouquet:

It's a beautiful sunny morning but it's deceiving because it's only 40 degrees out. I had to cover plants again last night but I knew it would have to be when I set them out the first part of April. Oh well, it's always fun to try to beat the calendar BUT Mother Nature usually shows shes the boss.

We were so dry for so long but finally got 3-4" of rain in the last couple of weeks. Magnificent Mother Nature again!

Today I think is a quiet day to do as we please. I probably should clean house but it'll be so much easier to do in a week or two when DH goes to the field. I can talk myself out of anything! :gaah:

As I drink my 2nd cup and look out the window there are cattle and ponies in the pasture, 2 geese sitting on top of the hog house, 1/2 dozen more geese by the pond and the dog chasing a squirrel, who saved himself by climing up the tree. The dog is barking, the squirrel is looking down chattering. I would love to know what they're saying to each other.

What's everyone else doing and seeing out their windows as they drink they're choice of beverage on this beautiful Saturday in April? Whatever you do or see enjoy!!! :wave:

My youngest has a baby think it over this weekend. At 2 this morning it was crying and would not accept the wrist band so she could care for it.With one blury eye open we finiily got it to accept it. That is when I longed for her to have done the atternative assingment of pricing how much it cost for a baby's frist year.

She also got a B+ on her report card and is mad that she let her grades slip.

It's cold and sunny here too. My heating element went out on my dryer and the clothes line needs work before I can use it. Not sure how much laundry I'm going to get done.

Good morning~

I'm on my second cup of coffee, too.:pc_coffee: It's windy but sunny. I know it's cold out, the neighbor is cutting his lawn with a heavy pullover on. It looks like I lost my rhubarb for the season but I managed to pull some and freeze it before the cold snap hit. Lost all the cherry blossoms and it looks like a majority of the apple blossoms. Kids are all fed and one is dressed.

My first knitting class was a huge success and I loved it! I can't wait to finish this class up and take the beginner project (a hat and scarf). I'm going to take a quilting class then and I might go back a take another knitting class (they offer really neat classes!!!!)

I need to get moving so I can go to Sam's and Costco sooner rather than later.

DD did her first sewing project this morning. She just put yarn (on a paper clip) through a piece of paper that I punched holes in. She did a great job and caught on really quickly. She is so proud. I sent a picture to my mom, sister-in-law and her teacher. Her teacher wants her to bring it to school on Monday.

gofish~ good luck with the baby project.

wink~ enjoy the day.

:bighug2:

Good Afternoon,

Thank you Winknasmile for starting this.

It was a beautiful morning in the 60's here in TX. Mocking birds and dove were singing as the sun crested the mountain. Two house finch were trying to build a nest under MIL carport awning. He was bouncing around singing, she would come with a mouth full of nesting material, place it on the beam and start to re-arrange it, when a breeze would blow it off. She tried several times before disappearing for a while. A little while later, he was back singing and she would come with another mouthful and try again.

The temperature is now in the 90's with hardly a breeze.

Yesterday we went to the El Paso International Art Museum. Beautiful historical 3 level house with white marble floors and stair cases, and vaulted ceilings and doors. They have a whole section on Poncho Villa, areas with African, Egyptian, Chinese, Japanese, Mexican and American art. One wall was covered with antique dolls. We postponed the upper level for another day, as MIL explained how she had been in the building when it was a residence when she was younger.

Getting ready to go home tomorrow.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

We've had rain mostly all day. When I woke up this morning, I didn't want to get out of bed. Hearing the rain, especially hearing the rain on our metal roof is very soothing to me! We needed the rain. It was in the 40s and was supposed to hit a high somewhere in the low 50s.

When I looked out my window today, I could see everything turning green. The trees are budding. The shrubs are growing leaves, too. My irises are up nearly a foot. The daffodils are mostly done blooming. The hostas are up a couple of inches now.

The weather forecast is calling for a nor'easter! I looks like we're getting a rain/snow mix or snow on Monday! We have a Winter Storm watch starting late Sunday through Monday evening.

Archived