MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Miles for April 15 - 21, 2012

Snowmom

GOODMORNING4DOGS.gif

Sorry I'm late again, but, just not getting on line much at all lately.

Here are some things that count for miles.

These are as you can count them, 1 mile will = one mile.

Walking, riding bike, swimming, etc.

These will be counted as 1 hour = one mile

SHOPPINGCARTLITTLE.gifDANCING8.gif

:STAIRS: will be down and up 10 times = one mile

These two willl be 30 minutes = one mile

:lois: mowing, etc.

You will have to be the judge of these. We have been counting 1 hour as a mile, but, sometimes it isn't so. Therefore, I'm letting you be the judge of these. :)

:dusting:dishes.gif:clothesline:

I'm not yet feeling 100% normal this time the diverticulitis and then other problems have taken a long time to get over. :( . Therefore I just haven't been doing any walking at all lately. I am counting 5 miles for last week. Hope to do better this week.

Ok, who will be NEXT2.gif ???

Who is going to join us? :) Anyone who wants to start exercising or walking or whatever, count your miles and add them up this week and post them next week when either Momo or I make the walking post. :)

haveagooddaywithflowers.gifHUGSMOUSEINSUGAR.gif

wellllllll, i did do lots of limbering up for my shoulder and arm last week and also danced some to music on the radio a couple times and got one good walk in , 4 miles. Not enough but its better than sitting still getting too stiff to do anything.

Today I had a good walk but that doesnt count yet???

It was so wet in the old field from this storm system that is finally going away from all the rain it was too wet in many places to walk the circle they mow for us just so we can go take a walk! But when I got home I walked in town for a good thirty minutes. More than a mile anyhow :eclipsee_Victoria:

I get home and Miss Macy looks at me "Where have you been ?!?!" ( thats my cat. shes really funny. )

She also is insisting, but sometimes its 4am , to get her 15 minutes of fetching her toy for me. Or jumping around on the furniture to get it, well window seat, her perch up above my head , the bed...... and her 14lbs. is a bit 'sturdy'.....

So, we are both starting our spring work outs after a much too leisurely winter.

Happy to say my shoulder and arm are doing better each day too, can now reach the light switch again , ha! ( yea its pretty bad ).

Baby steps , but they are increasing! I wasn't tired at all going up the hill and I felt solid on my feet and with my balance. It did not hurt to carry my groceries, small bags, home like it had been doing.

Believe me, I was getting scared about it , the degree of it all and its nice to see improvements are happening.

I will keep working at it , in small increments until i can do normal again. Hopefully much better than that again , in due time.

Maybe when the weather truly warms up and the creeks I can go get in the swimming area nearby at the little park. It should help the shoulder and is just big enough for geriactic level swimming, lol.

:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Also found that WE DO Have some easy trails only a few blocks away. It has cabins on it and sugaring shed from the people who owned it originally and donated it to the town. Very convenient and will provide a pretty view. For the minor levels I am at just now that is perfect. Nobody seemed to know it was there but its got signs and everything including a map of it all on pdf I was able to download the other day. Maybe it has real blueberries growing up there too as it is called Blueberry Hill ???? I love blueberries!

A very nice 'discovery' after several years of living here, lol.

(((((Snowmom)))))

:pray:

Hope you feel better soon.

Arby, that new trail sounds like it will help you increase your miles.

Hill climbing, 1 mile

Walking, 1 mile

Driving, too many miles, minus 1 mile. LOL

Last week was a bust for me, gained 10 lbs.

:gaah:

:pout:

:motz_6:

Archived