MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Miles for April 29 - May 12, 2012

Snowmom

GOODMORNING4DOGS.gif

Sorry I didn't get in last week, but, things just happened.

Momo, I know what you mean, things just happen. I've heard that the 'diet' sodas are not good for you at all. In fact, I knew a lady who ended up with diabetes when she started drinking the 'diet' coke. The dr. even told her it was caused by that. This was years ago now. You take care of you.

My kidney numbers are up so she took me off my metforman. Now, my suger numbers are up higher than they have ever been. I can't lose. :(

I'm not up to 100% yet, but, am gaining. Just haven't gotten down stairs to walk yet. :( I know, but, will have to try this week, as I think I may be up to it.

Here are some things that count for miles.

These are as you can count them, 1 mile will = one mile.

Walking, riding, and anything that you can count by the mile. :)

These will be counted as 1 hour = one mile

SHOPPINGCARTLITTLE.gifDANCING8.gif

:STAIRS: will be down and up 10 times = one mile

These two willl be 30 minutes = one mile

:lois::clothesline: doing weights, jumping rope

You will have to be the judge of these. We have been counting 1 hour as a mile, but, sometimes it isn't so. Therefore, I'm letting you be the judge of these. :)

:dusting:dishes.gif:canning:

I'm feeling much better, but, haven't been doing any exercising down stairs yet. I do hope to get back to doing that soon.

I have been doing some things outside as well as inside and I have been shopping too. Therefore, I am counting 5 3/4 miles for the week before last and I think 10 for last week. Hope to do better this week.

Total is 15 3/4 Miles

Ok, who will be NEXT2.gif ???

Who is going to join us? :) Anyone who wants to start exercising or walking or whatever, count your miles and add them up this week and post them next week when either Momo or I make the walking post. :)

haveagooddaywithflowers.gifHUGSMOUSEINSUGAR.gif

:wave: Snowmom :bouquet:

Sounds like you are beginning to increase your miles. Keeping you & Momo in my prayers. I think about you both when ever I walk.

Last week was a busy week. Monday, walked 1/4 mile, down a big hill to the river, fished for hours, then, swam for a few. Walked up the big hill to fetch something from the truck and back down. Finished the day going back up. I guess that amounts to 1 mile, in length, and 1 mile of stairs.

Worked in my garden, 1/2 mile.

Friday, I basically did the same, and added to it a 1/2 an hour swim down in the river, (1,200 CFS), including a few hard kicks to swim back up stream for things I thought were salvageable. Then, ended with a 1/2 mile walk back to our fishing spot. Maybe 3 miles for my count?

Thursday was bill day and shopping, 1 mile.

Saturday was house cleaning day. 1 mile. I am still sore from all last weeks activities.

7 1/2 miles, and I have not lost one pound. :pout:

More frequent walks, but will only give myself 3 miles total for that, lots more chores : :behindsofa: ( moving furniture and books and painting furniture )

1 mile

:clothesline:

:dusting: .25 mile :icon19:

:canning: healthier meals more frequently :cook:

( nutrition needs and variety are a plus! :bouquet: )

Walking to newly worked up park and woods, twice so far.. not as much as I wanted to do but also having lots of cold wind and rain storms..... so doing alot inside... but more on my feet much more frequently.

3 miles walking and exploring :thumbs:

Limbering up left shoulder and arm is progressing...

Rearranging shelves in kitchen . 1/8 mile so far

I cannot really estimate other than at most 6+ miles

It is an improvement....

I woke up and lay in bed and thought, ugh, I need to do so much more.... and got up, does that count???

No weight loss. But feeling a bit more limber and steadier on my feet. Was able to balance standing on one foot. I could not do that this winter and was afraid to take the stairs. The stairs outside are easier, but too steep for me to risk exercising on them. Better for me just to walk around town and out on the route roads with my water bottle here.

The view is better too! :shrug:

seeing I joined the "walk with Walgreens" (see other post for signing up to get coupons and stuff) I guess I can log on here some times too.

Got pedometer (for that program) so now when I take walk I KNOW how many steps (they say about 2,000 steps = 1 mile on their site.

Over the weekend we did our Flea Market and I am 'walking' about 3 miles just setting up, visiting, and putting stuff back in van. So that was for 2 days, then I walked around block 1 or more times each night(1 1/2 miles), add 4 1/2 for that this week. Busy working at Amish Farm planting (not always on horse) and I don'r even want to know how many miles 'walking ' behind the plow for that!

So I guess I did OK for this week.

:AmishMichaelstraw: