MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Did my good deed for the day.

Did my good deed for the day.

Right after Lori left for work I went to the van to get something when a truck when around the corner (with tail gate down) and as it did a big tool bag fell off! I knew right away that it was a bag full of power tools by the way it hit the ground!

Did the guy STOP!............no

So I ran out to grab it to return to the truck but the light changed and off it went.

Should I put it on the side of the road in hopes he get to work and sees them missing and come back looking for them?

NOT WHERE I LIVE! They would be gone in a second!

So I cared them home to see if I could find a name or something to call? EVERY power toll had DOBBINS written on it. COOL! I know them!

So I came into the house to look up phone number - got someone on phone and she said she would call who she "Thinks did it" and they will come right back to get them.

And They did, and thanked me over and over.

:AmishMichaelstraw:

Edited by Amishway Homesteaders

You are right and as I told the guy I bet the next 5 guys (around here) that saw them would have picked them up and taken them home and not given it a second though.

the hard part was ......................

It was all DeWalt Tools with all the power chargers (think yellow)and with Fathers Day just around the corner , I would LOVE some new tools!

But then I couldn't sleep at night OR use them.

SO I guess I did the right thing!

:AmishMichaelstraw:

Good Job! You know when you go to sleep at night and when you look yourself in the eye in the mirror just why you took the higher ground.

Good Job! You know when you go to sleep at night and when you look yourself in the eye in the mirror just why you took the higher ground.

Sleep? Did you say sleep?

I wish . . . . . here it is 4:30 am (been up since 3 am) and that was after a 3 hour 'nap'!

But I have always been like that most of my life so no worries here.

Just lots of time to do things that need doing. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

We were talking, the other day, about all the things going on in our area like shop lifting and I don't know how they do it? I could NEVER eat (or use) anything if I stole it.

Same with all the people that steal gas locally they have no problem KNOWING that it is wrong AND that the station owner has to pay for it NOT the big company name!

And Don't get me started on how many people abuse the food stamp program.

:AmishMichaelstraw: stepping down :soapbox: