MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Could you pass the United States citizenship test?

DH and I passed, we missed the year the constitution was written, chose the date of the Declaration of Independence. And the president during the first world war. But we also thought about how that was just 20 questions and how it was multiple choice and we weren't standing up there in front of someone quizzing us and having to answer orally. It's not nearly as easy as it seems.

This was a good Fourth of July exercise though. We all should read ALL those 100 questions and learn the answers.

:bighug2:

There are some problems with the "correct" answers.

Thomas Jefferson wrote the original draft of the DofI, after which a committee edited it. John Hancock PHYSICALLY wrote it because he was a junior member presumably with good handwriting. which is why his signature is at the bottom. So both answers are correct. John Adams wrote the preamble.

The DofI begins with "When in the Course". The Preamble to the DofI begins with "We the People". If you want to get technical, the DofI actually begins with "In Congress July 4th . .. "

I missed succession - Speaker of house is #3 and ProTem of Senate is #4. And the 2 above which I submit, I am right and the test answer is wrong.