MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Surprise!

The WE2's

Hey, at least they don't carry off copper pipe and appliances!!! ;)

DH just sprayed peppermint oil around the outside cement base of our house again, trying to deter the little buggers. :tapfoot:

We've been hearing them rustling around either already between the roof & ceiling, or trying to get there.

It seems early... makes me think winter will be early and hard. :(

We're savages...we put out mice poison! We're still recovering from a racoon attack that occured in this same house (because it's been vacant?) 2 years ago. Used a live trap and gave her a new home in a state park. But...let me tell you...what they don't eat or tear up they'll poop on...BIG TIME! It's a nice little house and we've just neglected to get the remodeling done promptly! Sure glad we weren't storing any of our current prep items there! But micies can leave almost as a big a mess if you're not there to keep things current! We're there almost on a daily basis now, even though it's a 30 minute drive, to get it finished so we can move into it! Then we'll sell the one we're in. When our "homestead" is ready, then we'll move again because that's where we've built our 3-bay metal pole-garage, a 12x26 metal pole shed, plus 2 other sheds. The house is currently occupied by our "renter"...my mom. She pays $1 a year for the rest of her life...:thumbs: