MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Ben Carson's speech at the Nat'l Prayer Breakfast

Daylily

Yesterday I watched (what some might call contraversial(?) video...they were saying that most of the unrest in these other countries was because these people had no work and no food...and that is why they are rioting and storming their governments. Made Philbe stop and think for an extra moment. Alot of people think it's because these governments are corrupt (which they are) and because of oil (and it probably does have something to do with it)...but it's common nature for peoples to remain docile as long as they've got some sort of shelter, water and food for their families. Again...me thinkin' a bit "lower" on the ladder.

The Pres (at least what they showed on news) had a very funny look on his face.

I liked what he had to say. I watched the above video on full screen and kept my eyes on Pres. Obama the entire time. Looked like he was fighting to stay awake a few times. If I remember correctly, the only time he made any facial expressions was when Carson told a joke.Then he smiled. I also noticed he didn't applaud when others did. :shrug:

I haven't enjoyed someone giving a talk before in a long, long time -- he's a very inspiring man. Loved everything he had to say, I wish there were more like him speaking in the world, he makes a lot of sense to me.

The president looked bored, tired, and disinterested. Before they zoomed in, and Mrs. Obama was visible, she looked (to me) to be a lot more interested and engaged than her husband. Regardless, I liked what Dr. Carson had to say :)

Loved his comments on political correctness, and the story of his mom was touching too. Still chuckling over the parable about the man who sent his mom the exotic birds for Mothers Day LOL :)

Yeah by his express I don't think he was too pleased with the speach especially when Dr. Carson gave his solution for health care. OMG I think I actually saw steam out of the POTUS ears. Oh and when Dr. Carson said we need less lawyers in DC and more doctors and educators I thought he was going to pop a button.

Yeah by his express I don't think he was too pleased with the speach especially when Dr. Carson gave his solution for health care. OMG I think I actually saw steam out of the POTUS ears. Oh and when Dr. Carson said we need less lawyers in DC and more doctors and educators I thought he was going to pop a button.

Lol!