MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Using Mason Jars on the Blender?

The standard disclaimers I've seen are as follows:

Oh for the love of all that is holy, do NOT do this with something hot. No way for steam to release, so it can go kablooey.

Make sure your jars are in good condition so they don't break under pressure. Some people even talk about putting a plastic pitcher over it while it's going so that if it does go kablooey, it's contained instead of embedded.

And yet, I've seen no reports of them going kablooey...

I've watched several videos where people used their jars on their blender base, but like said, nothing hot. Always leave enough "rotation" room in the jar. I don't have a blender that has the right sized base, so I just use either my blender, my Magic Bullet, my submersible, or another little gadget blender I have. See no reason to mess with trying it with my jars...I use enough of them as it is!

I guess I've enjoyed that compatibility convenience for the past 40 years. Both my Oster (inherited from my mother) and HB blender bases fit the canning jar. I also have plastic jars of various sizes sold by Oster, but I prefer the glass jars. Great for making homemade creamy salad dressing right in the same jar. Try it for grinding nuts and even coffee beans.