MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Miles for March 31 - April 6, 2013

Snowmom

puppyinwindowsnow.gif

Suppose to get more snow this week. :) Everyone around here is really snowed out.

Here are some things that count for miles.

These are as you can count them, 1 mile will = one mile.

Biking, swiming, walking, and such.

These will be counted as 1 hour = one mile

SHOPPINGCARTLITTLE.gif DANCING8.gif

:STAIRS: will be down and up 10 times = one mile

These will be 30 minutes = one mile

:lois: weights, jumping rope. :clothesline:weersneeuwruimen.gif

You will have to be the judge of these. We have been counting 1 hour as a mile, but, sometimes it isn't so. Therefore, I'm letting you be the judge of these. :)

:dusting:dishes.gif What else can you think of that isn't listed, just add it and let me know. :)

I got in a total of 15 miles for shopping, stairs, dishes, house cleaning, laundry, weights, etc., and I didn't walk at all last week. :( I hope to get back to walking this week sometime. I was up and down the ladder so many times. Then after all the work, we are going to have someone come in and redo the ceiling in the kitchen. :( Tried to scrape off the paint and we just couldn't do it. :( We know who we will call on, so that is a good thing. :) And before anyone asks, no the kitchen isn't done yet. Maybe in a year, but, we have to first clean the shop that the renters left such a mess in. :( Can't do it in the winter as there is no heat over there. So, we are in hopes to get the mess cleaned up this spring and maybe be able to work over there this summer.

Had to go to Fargo for an appointment so of course, while there, we did some shopping. :) Got several miles that day. :)

Ok, who will be NEXT2.gif ???

Who is going to join us? :) Anyone who wants to start exercising or walking or whatever, count your miles and add them up this week and post them next week when either Momo or I make the walking post. :)

SNOWMANHUGSINPURPLE.jpg HAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

well I was doing good with walking last few weeks but this weekend I turned just right (or wrong?) and my bad knee went bang! so I am 'trying' to take it a bit easy . . . . but there is so much work to be done in gardens and helping out at Amish Farms!

BUT:

now that I see that DANCING8.gif counts I have dragged out the portable victrola and found a few 78"s that might work?

Poor Lori has no idea what she is going to find when she gets home from work!

So I am just checking . . . we just stand there and go round and round and round and round and THAT counts? LOL

:AmishMichaelstraw:

No Michael, getting Lori so dizzy she quits doesn't count! LOL Clear the floor someplace and you'll love waltzing! There's tons of videos online if you want to see the pleasure of the waltz and the 2-step. You'll love holding each other...I bet, I bet, I bet! LOL

I have not kept up with counting my miles. Walked the dog only a few times, worked on pulling a few weeds. We cleaned up a bit outside and I made me a garden work station, cleaned out part of the shed. Now, I have bags of stuff still to sort through. We did go shopping once.

Somehow time gets away from me and I realize the day is spent before I accomplish very much.

I am looking forward to seeing your kitchen complete, Snowmom. I'm sure you are too. Doesn't climbing the ladder count for your miles?

Michael, yes, dancing counts, but are you up for an hour of dancing to make one mile? LOL, I'll bet Lori comes in and catches your plans.

I've added a few sit ups to my routine and it seems to be helping.

I estimate I may have gotten in 4 or 5 miles last week... :mellow: I need to start pushing myself again. I'm trying....