MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Adding old juice to whole tomato's

I am going to pick up 375 pounds of tomato's tomorrow to make juice, salsa, spaghetti sauce, & whole tomato's. Can I use juice that I have canned from 2010 to add to the whole tomato's or do I need to use fresh juice?

:wormie2:

John

I don't see why not. Today I pressure canned (because I had onions etc. in my tomato sauce) 8 half pints that I mixed up in my Vita-Mixer and the recipe called for tomato paste...and that's canned...? I'll bet there's some around here that know lots more than I do though.

Oh my gosh...I was just going to ask the same thing!

I'm going to Amish country tomorrow to pick up a lot of tomatoes to can too. I want to chop them up, cook them and can them in tomato sauce so I don't have the 'water' stuff separated in the jars. That's about the only thing I can in quart jars. I use them when I make a big pot of chili.

Oh wow, I just re-read 375 pounds... :bow:

Jeepers. I waited as long as I could but I started without you. I got 17 quarts of whole tomatos' from two boxes. I still have 325 pounds more to do so will ya hurry up! :happy0203:

:wormie2:

John