MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Maneuvering Monday

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day.

Dawn has just broken and light is filtering through the mountains on the horizon.

Hopefully, we will be able to maneuver through our "ToDo" list and accomplish a few goals today.

I will be trying to find Windows operating system discs for my PC. Something happened and it has lost system restore and all it's help files, programs will not open and it refuses to connect to the internet..... :shakinghead:

Hard to believe it's the last day of August. I've got my time-to-get-ready-for-winter-now feeling.

Ann, how's Grr doing?

Congrats on the US made high chair.

Grrr is doing much better and almost all the smell has faded. I never want to go through that again. LOL

My DH has been commenting, "It feels like fall already." Now that it is September, I can say, "It is". Ha.

Philbe, glad to see you got your tires taken care of. We have vehicles to fix too. Feeling grateful my PU is still working well.

All these trials have put us in the mode to praise God for what we do have.

:pc_coffee:

What's going on in your part of the world?

DH is going to spend part of the day continuing a weekend visit with his folks in MI. He'll head home after lunch sometime.

He has next week off, so while I am babysitting - hard telling WHAT kind of stuff I will find when I get home. :shakinghead:

I got a small bit done this weekend, and I hope to get more done today. Made banana bread, froze some corn, did some laundry - but it's barely a DENT in all I need to do. Never enough hours in the day, yanno? :sigh:

We attended a wedding on Saturday. Church and the remainder of the day visiting friends took care of Sunday.

I have a pair of little rescue kittens in the house so they are a chore. I found them out side in the 34C heat last week. There are also four dogs and another old cat in the house with me on these hot days so the kittens mix things up a bit.

Last week, I kept up with laundry, and some household chores. I made applesauce, and sweet pickles. When it is cool enough, I do weed whipping in the tree lines and dh helps me with cutting dead branches out. He has been doing harvest for someone and isn't home during the day, and I don't like to run the chainsaw when I'm home alone.

Today I have done a few loads of laundry, cleaned bathrooms, picked garden stuff, emptied the dishwasher, played with the kittens, (had to stop and bath the dog too, he rolled in foul smelling something while we were out) and will have to get my cucumbers and zuchinni processed and put away. Now would be a good time as the kittens are played out and snoozing.

A nap is slated for ME this afternoon, then I hope to vacume, go get some dill from my friend, and get back to the yard work.

It feels nice NOT to be seeing dh stressing over harvest, and not having to stop to make harvest meals.

I think about Dee and her farming husband, wishing them well, along with any other of you farming people. Have a good week everyone.

School starts tomorrow so I'll be driving the bus now too.