MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I saw boxes of Rice-A-Roni at Target today for $1.00 each. I like it but don't fix it very often so I'm not sure what a good price for it is. The box also said there is 15% more in the box.

They had 12 left so I bought them and came home and vacuum sealed them. The rice and stuff inside isn't in a sealed package, just the cardboard box. The flavor packet is sealed though. You'd think they would package it in those cellophane bags before putting it in the box. I don't want bugs getting in so I sealed them and they made a nice small package to go in a bucket. We have another Target close by and I'm going to check them out tomorrow. I've done pretty good on getting side dishes stored away this year. I have regular rice but I'm trying to have a variety of stuff to break up the monotony or for a treat.

Thanks TMC. I just wasn't sure. It will be nice to have on occasion with chicken. I went to another Target today but they didn't have the boxes with the 15% more. Just the regular size. I saw that they had single servings of it in a microwaveable cup though. I didn't know they even had those. It was $1.02 a container. Being single, I might have to ponder that option too. One of the boxes would probably be 2-3 servings for me. But then I'd have to eat it for 2-3 days in a row. Ugh.

I'm starting to notice that a lot of food is being offered in single size portions now. Probably has something to do with the huge baby boomer population aging and being solo now. It is taking me a long time to get it into my head that I don't really need a regular/normal size can of something. The smaller size is better for me. Old dog ~ new tricks syndrome I guess.