MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Jet Stream

Above is a still pic of a site that shows the global jet stream.  All the lines are actually in motion.  Fascinating!  Plus....looks like a lava lamp with all those lines squirming around. 

The wind speeds are shown in this order:  White, Purple, Redish, Green, Yellowish.   I've watched Jet Stream for years....lots of years.  The Jet Stream in the past couple months has been weird.  :unsure:   I have never seen it cross the equator.  I'm not a meteorologist but.....what's up with that?  I've never seen the Jet Stream as low as Hawai'i until recently.   This is mostly the northern Jet Stream.  You can spin the globe around and see the southern Jet Stream [which is behaving more normally and is tucked up near the South pole where it belongs].  The Northern one has been gallivanting all over the place for a while now.  No wonder TX froze, right?  :unsure:  I don't know what it all means tho..

ANYWAY....I posted tonite's pic cuz it's hillarious.   See it?  :)  

On the site, all this is in motion ......kinda hard to see the white lines that outline the continents.  ...and hey, I discovered how to take a cropped screenshot.  Put directions in my Misc File on desktop cuz I always forget! 

https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/isobaric/250hPa/orthographic=-107.04,24.81,325/loc=-122.140,52.071

MtRider   :lol:  

• Like 1