MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Country Classic canning lids

I found a few boxes of these lids in both regular and wide-mouth. Made in China.  :gaah:  I took several boxes of both as I can use them for dry goods and honey. At the same store yesterday, it said on a new sign that those lids HAVE to be use with the Country Classics canning jars.   :0327:  Sure glad I didn't make an investment in them.   :whistling:

• Like 1

I did get some small mouth lids from Lehman's. They are different but are made in the US and made in Ohio. The rubber on them are blue and not red but are good for canning. Though they said they don't think they can get anymore wide mouth ones.  I am going to buy more tattler lids and extra rubber rings for them.  Might go ahead and buy more jars though I do have a lot in shed now. Will take inventory on them first.  I am sure I have plenty, but with prices rising like they are and the fact that the economy is going to collapse at some point and maybe by end of year.  I have that gut feeling that we will have a much harder time finding things we need. Or things will be so out of range price wise that we won't be able to afford it. Need to empty the gas can into the car and then go fill up the cans again and get some more stabilizer to put into the cans of gas. That will at least make it last longer. At this time the only thing I will need it for is the car. 

I am so tired right now, I don't feel like doing anything today, but they finished with jacking up the house yesterday and I am trying to get all the canning stuff back on the shelves. Had to take it all down while they were working under house.  One of the guys had to check the floor and saw my food on floor. Though for the most part it was all what I canned and he saw my garden, he said his uncle just canned up 50 quarts of pickles. That is a lot of pickles. He said now all I need is meat. Little did he know. He didn't see all of that canned meat. And I am watching prices now for more to can. As well as for my soups and stews. 

• Like 1