MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

HInts for the kitchen, or anywhere for that matter

In an email to a friend, I mentioned I never use a crockpot or roaster w/o spraying it first.  I use the Aldi brand instead of Pam and it works wonderfully.  Spray it good before using either appliance and clean-up is a breeze.

When she mentioned she'd never done it I began wondering how many of us do such simple things that others haven't thought of.  

Let's share our ideas here and help others out.  I would love learning new things!  Next?

• Like 3

Dee, I do the same thing. I get the spray from Lidle's as Aldi is further from me. I also line the bottom of my oven with foil to keep it clean and making cleaning oven much easier. When making a cake I use the pam with flour also in bottom and sides of pan to make it easier to get the cake out of pan to cool.

• Like 1

LIttlesister, I too have aluminum foil on the bottom of my oven.  Really helpful, like yesterday when a berry pie boiled over.

Another hint is to put your bottles of oil, syrup, etc. on small plates in your cupboard.  Saves having to clean the oily and sticky mess off anything but the plates.

• Like 2

I don't put a plate under my oils in cabinet but have a plastic shelf liner with an extra piece of the plastic liner under the oils. I just throw away that extra liner and put a new one in there over the plastic shelf liner. It is all washable and I am now going to just wash that extra liner under the oil instead of throwing it away to save money from buying more. 

• Like 1