MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Good Friday Morning Everyone

I'm like you, except I cleaned the kids room before school

started so that they would know where everything is on

their own. My husband made new beds for all the kids so

basically we hade to take everthing out the rooms so it got

really cleaned up.

I've also got most of the kids Chirstmas shopping done too.

I'm the kind of person who likes to have 90% of my shopping

done before the end of September. My family thinks I'm crazy

but who want to go shopping with a gazillion people clawing

and trampling all over you.

Our weather is calling for rain this afternoon also. We

also need it, when you go outside the grass is crunchy.

I didn't really post what I was going to do because my

days are kind of boring with the kids in school now.

Let's see.... I homeschool my kindergarten son, I have a

big bowl of tomatoes that I'm trying to figure out what

to do with. Did laundry yesterday. See kind of boring!

I hope everyone has a good day.

morning all

my DD and her family got in last night and we stayed up till two this morning. It is great to see them again this year. They brought the grandpup along she is 12 yr.old. she had surgery done on her hip and they needed to keep an eye on her. My dogs get along with her very good.

it is suppose to rain here too. we will see. If it doesn't we have lots of yard work that needs doing.

hope all is goes good for everyone today.

diinmi how is Lucky?

I don't call that boring. Slgrubb I call it Peaceful. And don't worry what the rest of us think. If we thought what you do was boring then we would all be boring.

The girls are at school this morning for a couple of hours and it's just me and ds.. I promised him I would take him to breakfast.. Just Him and Me. So we are off to do just that. It's finally raining here. Well he's wanting to go so I will write more later. Have a great Morning.

Dawn

We don't own any antenna or sattelite, so TV watching here is just old movies we have on hand.. Funny thing is while I took DS to get his haircut for school they had a tv on.. I got sucked in watching Regis and Kelly... We call TV the Eye Magnet here.. Eyes are taking it all in and the ears are shut off to everything else... As I said before we are finally getting some much needed rain. I think this is the first rain we have had all month.. For that I am greatful, I was fearful that the well would go dry.. So today is going to be spent inside just finishing up some stuff in the house.. Oh!!! Doug Stone is gonna be at a Harvest Picnic in a town near by tomorrow night. I hope DH will take us.. That doesn't happen very often and it's a free concert! I am so excited.. When you come from Podunk you don't get much entertainment except watching the chickens peck the ground ( which I find very entertaining at times)So it will probably be packed and I won't get to see him. I know he hasn't done much in the last several years as far as music is concerned but I still love his old stuff. And can you believe John Anderson was there last night? I wish I had known that, I could have gotten dh there for sure. Ya'll have a great day!

As the world turns is the only soap I like, my mom raised me watching that show. Otherwise it is either Dora the explorer or Blues Clues or CNN or weatherchannel or Joyce Myers ministry....... I figure, I do not drink, or smoke, so I have got to have some kind of vice in this world. So it might as well be a soap opera

Hoppin' in here late afternoon.

You girls are sure funny today. I love the chit chat.

Today I used some of that shower/tile cleaner with bleach and ruined one of my towels. I put it on the floor to catch the shower curtain drips and didn't spray near the edge but it got it anyway. Drat!

They finished up on the roofing nextdoor today and I'm glad. Can't go in your own back yard without the guys oggling even an old gal like me! Good grief!

We just had our fifth case of West Nile Virus here. The first was within the week. I heard it effects the crows and jays. I love our stellar jays and hope they remain safe.

DH and I are trying to come up with a plan to build some trellises this weekend. One is for the back yard near the patio where I want to plant some clematis. Eventually we found a picture of one that is more like an arbor with lattice on both sides and a seat in the middle. That would look so cool and DH likes it, too.

I can't believe we're at the weekend already!

I used to watch Days of Our Lives, Another World and Texas. Don't watch them now. I watch Dr. Phil sometimes. I'm always amazed people are willing to go on there and tell the world about their problems. Wonder what their coworkers, neighbors and relatives think.

Have a great Friday evening.

WEll it's evening here...night, actually, but I'm here!

Yesterday it was cold-and we got snow above 13,000 ft. Looks like a long, hard winter coming. Have made supply lists of the stuff we'll need if we're housebound for an extended period of time. The great thing is that we have a gas stove here so even if we're without power we won't be without heat/food.

Today I worked in the kitchen and started thinking about getting the garden area ready. OK< so I"ve been thinking about it, LOL, but I was thinking about it more. I need to dig up the old stuff and get that out of there and then get those water thingies that soak up water underground and then mulch it.

My kids will be back tomorrow so I will be working less and on a mmore normal schedule. So much for sleeping late, LOL. I have gotten a lot done the last two weeks, though, was nice to have that time..but darn I miss them like crazy!

OK...back to work

Love and miss you all!

Mommy of 5