MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Monday, August 23, 2004

Good Morning everyone! How was your weekend? Ours went well. Today is the first full day of school. The girls just walked out the door to walk the driveway to the bus.. My first day alone in awhile and I got called to go to work yesterday. I'll will be working noon hours at the catering service there in town. Since they cater to the school I will be home when the kids are, which is nice. I will be here when they leave for school and I will be here when they get home. I agreed to work some Friday evenings. But that's no big deal. This is a blessing for me. We need the money right now in the worst way. She is going to pay me 6.50 an hour. I know that doesn't seem much compared to the 9 an hour I was making before, but it's a 3 mile drive compared to 50. And I was gone from 730 to 5pm some times later. It will indeed be a lot less money every month but it means a whole lot more time to spend at home and be here for my kids. That's priceless.. The sun is shining nicely outside.. And all I hear are the fan motor to the computer and a cricket.. And the occasional cat's meow. I love my children and I would absolutely die for them. But peace of mind never hurt anyone. Oh there goes the rooster.. What's everyone doing this week since the canning has slowed down a bit? I think I will go do some to everyone, have a blessed day!!!!

Yeah 6.50 an hour doesn't sound like much, but just think, the savings you have in gas money to and from work, no child care expenses. So 6.50 an hour is something to crow about. Especially if you haven't had any income coming in, for yourself. Remember "A LITTLE CAN GO A LONG WAYS".

I have already started load of

Good morning everyone on this cool Monday morning. It looks like rain although I sure hope not. I want to get into the garden and pull some onions to dry along with cutting up the Swiss chard so I can freeze some.

Along with that, I'll be freezing beet tops from the veggies I was given yesterday, making beet pickles and some rhubarb jam as well. Once the papers are done.

Its going to be a full day just doing that, but I also want to finish reading Beverly Lewis's new book The Sacrifice and do some quilting in there has well.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Hi all. Very busy weekend. Helped Dad and mom chip up some of the branches from takeing down all the trees last year so they could build. Now they have 2 HUGE piles of branches to chip up. Also pilled up oak for the winter at our cabin. I was ale to keep up with DH as he split it . We have a small DR splitter that we love. Works great as long as the piece isn't too big. For the big pieces have to borrow the neighbors gas splitter. That thing a pain cause it's so hard to start. I'm takeing today off since I worked all weekend. But our wood stacks are getting close to full. DH said we'll be warm this winter up there. Boy we should be with all the oak we got from those 2 Oak 100 yr oak trees we had to cut down last year to put up the garage. But the gargae is nice. Now I have a basement I can use since all the junk is in the garage. di

Good afternoon:

I'm cleaning. Wouldn't you know I ran my vacuum cleaner into the afghan fringe and I sure hope the belt didn't get ruined. I could smell the burned rubber. Rats!

We are expecting rain all week. Two days of pouring down rain on the weekend but now it's rain and then some clearings. The leaves on the Japanese Maple are starting to turn but that's pretty much as usual for here at this time of year.

Tomatoes and cucumbers are taking off, zucchini and green beans are growing and the pumpkin is taking off. I'm curious to see how those white pumpkins look and how many I get.

I'm going to bake cinnamon puff muffins this afternoon then I hope to freeze some.

At lunch DH put in his order for some homemade bread so that will be another day this week.

Buttercup: What a perfect job for you! It works so well with your kids and convenience. My youngest son is only making $7.50 after being with a manufacturing company for 5 years. He keeps hoping they'll do the right thing by him - I hope so. Our value isn't by the dollar sign we earn but we need enough to get by.

Unikemom: I can smell your potroast cooking way over here.

Theyd: What a houseful, lady!

Countrymom: Have you read all of Beverly Lewis's books? I've got The Shining, The Confession and The Reckoning set to start when I finish my current book.I've heard a lot of good about them.

Snowmom: Wow! Frost already. Have a good week with Pooh and Tigger.

Diinmi: Bet it feels good to have the wood taken care of and in a good place.

Becca Anne: Isn't it amazing what can hide in your closet? I need to do just what you are doing.

Our weather is HOT! We got very little rain and the grass

is still crunchy.

This weekend we went to the Kentucky State Fair. One the

way home we got a flat tire on the interstate. We took my

parents with us so we had 2 men to put on the spare. They

were very fast it only took about 5 minutes to change.

I also canned 18 pints of crushed tomatoes. I think our

tomatoes are finished, except for one or two here and there.

I had a very busy day. I just got home and

have not been home since this morning. I had to get

a new tire, plus we needed a tire alignment, which took

forever! (20 miles to) Then I had to run some scrapbook pages to my mother (20 miles back) then go pick up my daughter from school then go get my other daughter from

school (20 miles to) and then come home (20 miles back).

I was only driving today, but I am exhausted!

Time to go fix some dinner. Shake-N-Bake chicken legs.

Have a good what's left of the day.

Work went really well today. Thanks for the encourgment Peaceful. Becca did dh clean the closet yet? Slgrubbs it sounds like you had a busy busy day just driving.. Snowmom I love the first frost, and those cool nights. Unike? How was the potroast? Di? is your splitter electric or gas?

Country: beet pickles? Oh and Beverly Lewis is my absolute favorite author beside Carla Emery that is. I have the Lancaster County set. And am now on the third of Abrams daughters.. I can't wait until the 4th one comes out in October.. Well I hope I didn't miss anyone.. As I said work was fun today. I made the catering deliveries. Worked the grill, waited on a table ( made a dollar tip) washed dishes, ran the french fryer, the register, and was trusted to run it by myself while she ran a couple of errands! She aslo had me make the deliveries in her car! How cool is that? I must have a trusting face.. DH is outside fishing.. I made swiss steak for dinner and served it over mashed potatoes, we also had fresh tomatoes, green beans and apple sauce. Need to clean up from dinner. Get the girls homework finished. Dry a load of laundry.. Dh just had me cut his hair so now I need a shower too.Ugh but first I have to read this Enlish story for my daughter which I can't understand the first sentence let a lone the whole entire story..This is freshman english? The Cask of Amontillado? What is that? Oh well have a good evening all!

-Dawn