MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I am soooo fat!

Lois

Swimming class begins in the warm pool at 1 pm SHARP tomorrow. The warm pool class is called "Gentle Joints". You'll love it Reci. grin.gif

Twi - you can do laps as long as you don't run over any of the old ladies.

Debbie? - You're in luck. Bacon floats. tongue.gif

------------------

homest.jpg

This must be the fat corner today!! I've lost 50 pounds this year but I can still stand to lose more. I'm coming out of 6 years of chronic fatigue. It is very slow to build up your endurance after that. At least I AM recovering some of my mobility but it is so slowwww. Believe me, I have much more sympathy now for people that have health problems.

Twilap just keep trying. I know it is hard. Many times when I weigh in I haven't lost anything. I just have to say to myself at least I didn't gain. Every little step is a step in the right direction. Even if you fall off the wagon over the holidays, just get right back on it. It is better to gain 5 pounds back rather than 15!

Love your picture debbielee!!

We are all here for you Twi, as well as everyone else.

I lost 2 pounds in November, not much, but at least it was 2, now, I hope I don't gain them back. I need to lose at least 30 pounds so hope I don't gain the little I lost back.

Momo, you have done sooooooo gooooood. smile.gif I am so very proud of you.

Twila, do you have any room in your home for a treadmill? That is one of the best things, or a bike, those two are what we have. My bike was broken down for a while but DH got it fixed. So, after the first of the year, I WILL get busy and work out on them again. I just have to that is all there is to it. The DR. told me that walking is the best exercise there is. Not running or jogging, but walking.

Some place the stores and schools will allow you to go in and just walk. If you have one close by, maybe that would be something you could check into.

Swimming is a great exercise too, if you have a pool someplace close by.

Of course, we all need to watch what we eat. I know, I am sooooo guilty of eating the wrong things too. With Christmas and New Years these next couple weeks, it will be a challenge for all of us.

Good luck to all of us and we will just have to keep trying. smile.gif

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Yeah Reci......That was hilarious.....bacon floats....That Homey is a HOOT....and a Brat!

Like that MOMO......it was taken last week...good likeness ....i've lost alittle weight since then.... grin.gif

I've lost 60----gained 12....and still going....but i'm not stupid....i'm gonna enjoy all the cream and butter i can squeeze out of the holidays.....and come back to reality on January 2nd.......

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg

Homey, I am an old lady so don't you be running me down! grin.gif

Just got on the scales and 5 pounds off this week.. smile.gif I cut out regular soda, no taters, and DRASTICALLY reduced my bread intake! Carbs are my downfall I'm afraid. frown.gif

I still have 95 pounds to go.... I am so tired all the time and so depressed. But I am determined to get my Fat Fanny back into my new jeans that I haven't worn in over a year. rolleyes.gif

[This message has been edited by twilap (edited December 18, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by twilap (edited December 18, 2002).]

T you are making me ssoooooooo Mad. Do I have to walk you through this. NO FOOD AFTER 3PM. It works. I eat anything else before that. Now you get your BUTT away from the puter and walk. Even if it's around that small house just walk. Now I want 10 circuits tomarrow then 12. By the time I talk to you in a week you'll even feel better. Now I have spoken. NO more feeling sorry for yourself SIS. I love you. Diane

------------------

diinmi.jpg

Twila, you are NOT, I repeat, NOT an OLD lady. If you are, that makes me OLD too, and I AM NOT an old lady. At least I don't want to be an OLD lady. smile.gif

Wow, 5 pounds in a week, you did GREAT there. Be sure to post when we get the post up for Dec. smile.gif

Di, I have to have 3 meals a day and sometimes a snack too. So, the NOT eating after 3 wouldn't work for me at all.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

OLD! Did someone say old?????????

Twi you get your Dame Edna official purple and pink jogging outfit on and I will put mine on and we can shuffle around our living areas at the same time. We have to synchronize the time so we are doing it together. Everyone can join in and we can count our laps around the coffee table ( no stopping for coffee and danish ladies) and post them.

------------------

reci.jpg

snoop2.gif

After reading all your post on fat and your health ... maybe someone can give me a suggestion to a promblem i have....

My dear husband is very much over weight... he can't stand himself (poor guy) I love him ALL of him and let him know it. anyways heres the promblem he's a good 150#'s over weight. He is in pain 24/7, has to take pain med every four hours just to beable to get up out of bed. he retains water mega, he's diebetic(seems like I learn how to spell) has to wear oxygen 24/7

need i tell more? and we both beliveiv if he loses some of his weight he'll feel a lot better and it would help lessen his pain. he does try and go for walks short ones but he keeps moving. he'll go to a store and get a cart to help him and walk around. He doesn't eat a lot. he has water pills from the doc, eats a lot of lettuce, cukes, and dandelion (which has helped some for the diabeties) So any idea's will be welcome. I want my husband's health back. Oh the doctor's don't know what is causing his pain he's been through lots of testing and so far nothing. thank you for any input

Theyd, I really am not sure what to tell you. Sounds like there must be something causing the weight problem that isn't showing up.

Does he eat a lot of carbs? Carbs are a real problem when it comes to weight. Eat more protein and less carbs.

After the first of the year, I am going to try cutting a few more carbs from our meals here.

DH and I both need to lose weight so have to try something.

There is something he could ask his dr. about, but I don't really recomend it to people.

Our DD, (Dear Daughter) had surgery done and has lost 116 pounds since last Jan.

You can see the post that I put in about it some times ago. You may need to go to the top of the page where it says 'Show topics for the past days', click on there and have it show for the past year. When you get it up. go to page 2 and on Sept. 3rd you will see a post by me. Check it out. But, as I said, I really don't recomend it to anyone.

There are many people who have not been able to lose weight any other way. Like I said, our DD had it done. There is a lady in our church that had it done in April and has lost 92 pounds now. There are many in our small town that has had it done. But, once again, I am NOT recomending it. I know I for one could NOT do it.

Love ya all,

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

thank you for replying ... we are cutting the carb's well he is i can't live w/o them smile.gif he does good with the high protein. or use to. but ever sence what ever this is that has hit him he sure has a hard time with the weight. We are looking into a de tox. Also looking to fine another doctor; thinking that maybe fresh eyes might help.

I agree surgery ???? well???? but thank you for all the information

Can I join in? I sure need to lose some more weight! I go to aquacize classes three times a week, sometimes four and it sure has helped my joints. These sessions are offered by the University of South Carolina which has a branch in my hometown... NO!!! we don't exercize in a branch! Other than that I get very little exercize. If there's a YMCA or an indoor pool at a university in your area, and you can join, you'd be surprized at how much better you feel when you've spent an hour exercizing in warm water... Sorry this is so long... I just feel like I've come back home to stay...

Love to you all...

Mary

------------------

scmary.jpg

I'll throw in my 2 cents worth as well. I

could write a 20 page post on all the diets and such I have been on. The new program I am involved with has helped me,tremendously!

The only plan of eating is this... 3 meals a day and nothing in between. You can eat whatever you want but just don't eat anything in between meals. Except things to drink. I have coffee, water, diet pop or tea you know what I mean! I don't eat a like pig 3 times a day, but I eat whatever I want. I was just so sick of dieting! Getting out of the dieting mode has been hard but I am learning. It has been a blessing in my life and I'm really thankful for it! I only weigh once a month and am looking forward to Jan 6th when I weigh in again. I hope this helps for those of you who need a boost! I know we are all different and need to do different things but I just wanted to share what I have been doing. I admit that I am feeling so much better! My legs and knees do not hurt hardly at all and I was in some serious pain as well! I'm VERY THANKFUL for that! It's so hard to exercise when you are overweight! That is a big problem for people I really do believe. So I think we should take it easy at first and as we begin to lose weight little by little, we will be able to walk more and exercise more because we feel so much better! Hang in there friends, there is an answer. It is just up to us to find it!

Love,

------------------

suzzee3.jpg

Welcome home SC. smile.gif I am so happy to see you posting again. Sure did miss you.

Suzzee, glad to see you here again too, where did you go for these past couple weeks? Missed you too.

You are so right about not being able to exercise when you are over weight. It is hard even if you are just 30 pounds over what you should be.

The slower you take weight off, the more likely it is to stay off. Well that is what the dr. had told me one time.

But, I would like to take more than just 2 pounds a month off. After the first of the year, I AM going to get back to doing more walking. I really am. Then we will see what happens.

Thank you Suzzee for this post about what you are doing now. It just may be the answer for many people out there.

I just have to tell you all, we still have the pail of ice cream in the freezer that we had when the 2 grandsons were here in Oct. There isn't a lot left in it, but there is still some. Now, that is doing good for me. I have had ice cream about once a week is all since the boys left in Oct. For me that is really something, I had been having it every day.

Love ya all,

------------------

snowmomjune.gif