MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thursday Morning

Morning all.Been busy, busy. Got most of the work done around here. Got the Lawn mowed yesterday and the last of the leaves taken care of. Except that dumb fancy plumb tree that is still green. The well got to get to work on the floors. Have a great day all. Diane

Di when we had to wash my cousins hair and she couldn't stand we had her lie across the bed with 2 heavy towels under her neck and a pan of water on a chair wet, shamooed and then used a couple of gallons of warm water to rinse. Just a thought. Glad to hear that she is doing well.

Getting close to noon here.

Two loads of laundry in process. Balanced the checkbook (oh, joy). I put Liquid Plumber in the main bathroom drains but trying to go to a system where I pour boiling water down the drain and is it vinegar or baking soda or both?

It's only 44 here right now. Brrr.

I loved reading about Buttercup's wood cooking stove. That would be great for warming the house. She mentioned her electric bill being so high and I wonder if there's not enough insulation so the warmth is escaping? Wouldn't it be fun to head on over there while she's cooking up something and warm ourselves in her kitchen?

Our house was built in 1980.. Plenty of insulation. It wasn't the heat bill that was expensive it's the power bill. We have put new elements in the water heater which is electric and they put a new meter on the pole outside.. It's cut our bill over half..

My door is always open,come on in and sit a spell with me, you can warm yourself in front of the fireplace, or pull a chair up next to the cookstove!