MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

ThanK God the weekend is almost here WEDNESDAY!!!

Judy Moist

Had a very disturbing weekend. Cat I have also been AWOL for the past couple of days. All 3 boys are sick with this upper respiratory infection that is going around, took them all to the doctor on Friday, then on Sunday morning, the baby had gotten worse instead of better. He was throwing up, and would not wake up for anything. So I took him to the ER, and they had to admit him. He spent the weekend in the hospital, he was released last night at 9:30 pm. He was severely dehydrated, and was diagnosed with an Ileus,(for those who aren't aware of an ILeus) it is when an air pocket gets into the bowel and the bowel gets twisted. It causes a block and then the bowel can't empty... I have to watch him very carefully and he has to go back to the doctor in a week, if there are any changes whatsoever I have to get him back to the doctor. He has been passing gas yesterday, so that is a good sign, but if he doesn't go poop soon,they may have to do surgery on him...So we are praying hard that it untwists on its own....

Glad to see everyone back after the holidays, and hope everyone is doing good and feeling better.

Dh and the two oldest boys scrubbed the house for me this weekend while I was at the hospital with the baby,so all I need to do is start some laundry and straighten up, then the rest of the day I am going to rest. Me and my pookie are both exhausted.. I will have to run to the store, just in case we get any of that winter precip that is being called for, we are like right on the line, of it....even if it doesn't snow I still have to go get some milk and orange juice and bread, they drank it all up this weekend....

Everybody stay warm, dry and well and will talk to you all later and will catch up with reading all the posts....Love to all

THIS IS AN UPDATE!!!! HE POOPED, HE POOPED, YEAH HE POOPED!!!!..

In my earlier posts, I told he if he couldn't go poop soon,that they may have to do surgery to untwist the bowel. The first thing he did when he got up this morning was go POOP!!! I am so excited.(DO I need a life or what)..

So apparently the treatment of just resting his intestines with absolutely no food or liquid and complete bed rest for several days, helped it untwist on its own.....It is relief.

Now we just have to pray that we don't go through this again...

what a post!!!LOL

Isn't it funny how, when you're growing up and dreaming of your glamorous, exciting future how you NEVER, *EVER* think that someday having your child *poop* will be the best thing that happens to you that day????

sure glad the little one pooped. sure hate hearing of babies having to have a surgery.

I too havn't been posting much. Just kind down with a cold. then this wheater is been sooooo cold. and i thinks i am getting cabin fever. it isn't like there isn't things to do; just missing the sunlight. things are so quite. don't see many birds at the feedeer any more. it is like the amimal life has slowed down too. all i have been doing is reading a book, the same one for the last 6 mos., crocheting on the same project, and working on the family history. i need to get up and get myself involved and get to doing otherwise this summer i will wonder why i didn't do such and such when i had the chance. i guess i have dropsy.( a lead bottom)

Archived