MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hi there!

mi_familia

I've spent all week reading while I was trying to get registered - I was starting to feel like maybe I wasn't supposed to be here! crazy

I live in the WA Sound area with my DH & our mini petting zoo.

About 2 years ago I started feeling that I needed to work on a stockpile for us. It was slow going, mostly cans and I worked on my baking & cooking skills. My next step was to get us out of our 3rd floor apartment in the city, and we're now out in a trailer more out in the country. Not the world's greatest, but it has a fireplace and a really nice yard along with a storage shed, along with an apple tree, so I grabbed it.

I've been working on my stockpile since we've moved in, most of which is canned goods. I tried planting a garden and it was a DISASTER. I have 2 tomato plants hanging on for dear life that I had put into planters (luckily, or they'd have been toast too)

I'm pretty sure my DH was thinking I was psycho at first, but the last few weeks he's been coming around himself and realizing things don't look so hot in the world right now. He's always gone grocery shopping with me (I don't drive) so he's been watching the prices rise and I have to say, he's never said no when I have said we needed to add stuff into our stash.

Anyways, enough boring everyone for now. Off to read more wonderful things on here! loveplace

Well welcome!

sorry you had so much trouble... darn computers! glad you finally made it!

get your tomatoes in a small green house. .. if nothing more then hooped pvc and plastic!

Can you have chickens?

stick around, ask questions, share what you learn! don't be afraid to ask a question you may think has already been asked! and don't be afraid to share something you know even though you may be worried it has already been shared... things get lost and it is always a good idea to make sure it resurfaces for new comers to the art of filling a pantry!

again welcome.

Archived