MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tuesday

Bamboo

Hi everyone. Glad to see your reunion went well Spider.

DH is home sick today and was yesterday as well. He has the chicken pox! Friday he came home from work and said he felt feverish and Saturday he was feverish again and in the afternoon he had a few spots. Sunday morning he woke up with his back and chest almost covered, and Monday he was covered. He doesn't seem to have that many on his legs or arms, mostly his belly, chest, back and head. poor guy! I have a nervous laugh and have always had it, and he thinks I'm laughing at him having the chicken pox. But I'm really not, I'm kind of worried, because this is the first time he's had them.

I've had them, and they were bad enough and I was only 13. I'd hate to be 30 and get them! DD's scabs are healing, and we're still waiting for DS to get them.

I've been giving DH ibuprofen, & benedryl. He has calamine, baking soda, vinegar (with a few drops of lavender and tea tree oil), and some massage oil with drops of lavender and tea tree oil. Anything to try to get rid of the itchies. Any other suggestions?

I hope everyone else is doing great today. Blessed be.

Good morning

While DH is gone I decided to clean and change some things around. I have two dinner tables - one in the family room and one in the area off the kitchen (that's where we eat). I only need one but they are both special so I hang on to the "extra" hoping someday one of my sons will have space for it. My DIL doesn't like old things now but people change and maybe the other son will want it eventually. All that to say I switched them around and I'm doing a lot of decluttering.

Got to thinking this morning about the Little House on the Prairie books (which I love) and wondered how in the world they stored all the provisions they needed. Might have to re-read.

I had lunch out with a friend yesterday and we had such a good chat.

Spider and Gardnmom: It sounds like you really enjoyed your vacations.

Stargazer: Oh, that's miserable for your DH to have chickenpox and we all know what good patients DHs are. I don't know any remedies beyong the Calamine lotion. Oh, they say Benadryl helps with the itch.

Well Dennis was a bust here. They told us heavy winds Sunday/Monday and inches of rain. We got a light breeze and less than half an inch of rain. We still need the rain but DH was really hoping to finally fill up his pond. They are still predicting rain all week but there is not a cloud in the sky right now. We'll see.

Last night Princess Jr. turned 3. We had a pizza party with her other grandparents at DS's house. It was fun and the girls are precious. Princess the 3rd is 10 months old and is not only walking, but running through the house.

We went out for breakfast at a local B&B. Got all the local news and ran into some friends. We ended up "wasting" most of the morning.

After I'm done here it's down to the basement to attack the mound of dirty laundry!

Have a great day all.

Hey everyone,, I am glad everyone had a good time on their vacations and made it safe and sound...

We had some minor flooding in our area and now have some storms on the way now...

Have been going through everything In my kitchen throwing things away, placing things in the yard sale box and then packing things that I want to keep, but don't need right now... getting ready to move,, as soon as we hear about an apartment.. I may go and check on a couple tomorrow... don't want to go to far,,the starter on the car is going out.. like I need something else to happen right now.. have had about all I can take right now!!!!

Did manage to get 3 loads of

Archived